Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
onewayherway
Enthusiast
onewayherway began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader 505
Three Harry Bosch Novels Shortcovers

Three Harry Bosch Novels for sale at Shortcovers for $11.29 CA. What a peoples opinion of these books?
onewayherway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
onewayherway
Enthusiast
onewayherway began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader 505
It seems both the harry bosch trilogies are only $11.29 Canadian.
onewayherway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent books. A bargain at that price.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I agree with Harry. I've read all the Harry Bosch novels and enjoyed every one.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The first three Harry Bosch novels... http://www.shortcovers.com/mixes/The...gAw/page1.html

Volume 2 ... http://www.shortcovers.com/mixes/The...WBg/page1.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Only if you're American though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	246
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	40995  
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
These books are also available thru Overdrive, so if you have a library with a good epub selection, you can check then out......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I've read everything by Michael Connelly and automatically buy anything new he writes. Really good reads. I can't see the shortcover offer though, it seems it's not available in my area.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I stacked it with the Apple2 discount code this morning and got it for $7.99US

I have the compilation of the first 3 novels but have never read them. My 16yo son read them and really liked it.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #10
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
I'm a huge fan of the Harry Bosch novels. Really good reading. Tense, witty and all-too real. Brilliant books.
Plus, I got into Raymond Chandler through these books as he was a major influence on Connelly's style which was an added bonus!
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #11
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Oh, but Raymond Chandler comes first! What would detective fiction be without him?

Anyone who loves Connelly's Bosch should also try Ian Rankin's Rebus. They both have a similar feel for me, with the cultural differences that come from the different settings: LA and Edinburgh. Two of my favourite authors (well three, counting Chandler of course)
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Amazon finally has these Harry Bosch bundles at a discount now too - $9.99 for each volume. There's apparently a third volume planned too.

The Harry Bosch Novels: The Black Echo, The Black Ice, The Concrete Blonde

Harry Bosch Novels, The: Volume 2: The Last Coyote, Trunk Music, Angels Flight
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Thanks, arcadata! I got volume 1 previously, so now I have to hurry up and read it to see if I want #2. lol.

Volume 2 also available at Sony, B&N and Kobo for $9.99:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/mic...00000000091201

B&N:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...nnelly+michael

Kobo:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Harry...WBg/page1.html

Volume 1 at all 3 places but showing at $17.99, so maybe the price is going back up.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I used to be a huge Wambaugh fan then he started to slow down in his writing and I switched to Connelly who is simply great if you like the LA Detective genre. After a hiatus I went back and read the Wambaugh Hollywood series. I have to say, I like the Connelly Bosch novels more.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #15
devarshib
devarshib began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Great books! One of my favorite detective series!
devarshib is offline   Reply With Quote