Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 04:43 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Updating calibre portable: downloading wrong install file

When my calibre portable installment informed me that there was a new calibre version available, I let it download the according new install-file.
Just before I was about to start the actual installation, I noticed that the downloaded file was not for a calibre portable version, but for the non-portable one, due to the missing "portable" indication in the file name. Manually downloading the portable installation corrected this mistake.

So, should calibre portable not refer to the "portable" download location instead of the normal calibre download location?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sure it does. The only way what you are describing can happen is if you run it in a non-portable way. i.e. you run it using calibre.exe instead of calibre-portable.exe. In that case it is not portable, so the upgrade link does not go to the portable page.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:49 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Ah, right. I start calibre via an icon on the taskbar which pointed indeed to calibre.exe. (it even says so...)
On removing that, recreating the icon for calibre_portable.exe and activating it, a 2nd (pinnable) icon on the taskbar appears for calibre.exe. So I guess in the past I must have removed the wrong calibre icon in some attempt to clean up duplicate icons.

Thanks.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote