Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
astroner
astroner began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
About fonts on kobo

I find that kobo default font is Geogria. While this font is an incomplete font and does not yet support the language of my country.!
I have edited the Geogria font in FontLab Studio so that it can display my language. But do I realize that there is something that i can not open the font Geogria from kobo firmware on my computer and reverse?
Plz help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	155
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	158313  
Attached Files
File Type: zip georgia_new.zip (1.13 MB, 146 views)
File Type: zip georgia_onkobo.zip (504.6 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by astroner; 08-08-2017 at 12:17 AM.
astroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:36 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I believe the fonts supplied as part of the Kobo firmware are encrypted. And replacing them needs an encrypted font. I don't think I've heard of this being broke. I can't remember, but there might be a patch to change the default font to something else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:56 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You should be able to use your non-obfuscated font in KOReader. (An add-on reading program for a number of devices including Kobos)

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-08-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote