Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
darrenw218
darrenw218 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus
Unhappy Battery meter fail!

Hi all, first post here! Last night my Cybook Opus battery showed 70%. Today I switched on to read it, and only a black screen appeared. After a few minutes of panic, I plugged it in to realise that the battery was dead. I'm running updated firmware, but the battery meter seems ridiculously out of sync with reality. Are there any known solutions out there?

Thanks,

Darren
darrenw218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
darrenw218

That is, providing vers 2.1 (build 1198) is the latest version. Can anyone clarify that please?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi darren, welcome to MR

I'm using my Opus with the Mobipocket firmware and I don't have any problems at all, not with the battery meter nor with the battery itself.
But the battery meter should not be overestimated, it can only show an approximation.
Is your device new? The battery meter needs two or three charging cycles to adjust.
If your problem is not with the battery meter but with the battery itself: turn off the accelerometer, put it off completely and not shut down into sleep mode.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Also, keep in mind that the battery wears out after a while.

I don't know how long you've had your Opus, but after about a year, my Opus battery started dying when it said that it was "50%" full or more.

Replacing the battery solved that problem for me.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
darrenw218

Thanks for your advice guys. I've only had it about a month, but bought it refurbished. It's in spanking condition and came with a 90-day warranty (still in date). My only bugbear is that the meter showed 70% the last time I noticed (couple of nights ago?) but then I went to switch on last night and just got the black screen. That said, I never shut it down fully (only entered sleep mode) and I have been using it for a month on one charge. I just wish there were a warning popped up to advise the user to charge the device or something along those lines.

Once again thanks - I'll keep a closer eye on it in future!

Tags
battery, blank, charge, opus, screen