Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #31
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
@Ken
A professional who works outdoor would find way more performing -and still readable- a standard tablet with Pixel Qi display (or a Mirasol).

K12 use for JBC? Sorry this couldnt be done. In the hands of a kid this device would be dead in a few days. And its interface is way too complicated for that.

"Wait and see" is the only advice I can give, basing upon the previous experiences of all the other 9,7" devices.

@mod186k1. Thanks for your trust. I think I'm no 'desperate' , I just think what I already explained lots of times, often wih no answers but insults (not from you): selling unready devices is unethical, I criticize every company which does it. Then, if we sit down and talk about what can be done to improve this device, for me it's a pleasure. But I can stand no lies, nor (my fault) the consumerism talibans' religion.

@ LuBib: you didn't ever answer ONE single question of the many I made, nor rationally argued back to my statements. You seem to have not any valid argument, and that's easy to understand: when you didnt' even know what 'reflow' is, but you pretend to debate over an ebook reader.
HA. Save it. I asked for a document that needed to be reflowed and when i put it on the device it looked glorious with no need to reflow, which i stated.

No worries though, just make a new thread about a device you've never even tried.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #32
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
thats who i am targeting. its the only group i am marketing towards for this device because there simply isnt enough retail consumer , market willing to part with this much money, so that I can make a profit at this margin. i have been to our local schools talking to several people already. it is very difficult to explain to them what could/would/should happen in the near future and get them enthused about the device in its current state. i will be talking with ectaco more about it this week.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #33
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
thats who i am targeting. its the only group i am marketing towards for this device because there simply isnt enough retail consumer , market willing to part with this much money, so that I can make a profit at this margin. i have been to our local schools talking to several people already. it is very difficult to explain to them what could/would/should happen in the near future and get them enthused about the device in its current state. i will be talking with ectaco more about it this week.
Def good luck.

I see how i use it and my younger sisters have been too and see just what an asset it could be.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #34
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
Def good luck.

I see how i use it and my younger sisters have been too and see just what an asset it could be.
Do you not find it just too slow and unresponsive for serious use? Or are you loading up one book and paging through it slowly, one page at a time, always forwards, not jumping around different sections (exactly like I would read a fiction book)?

Andrew
andyh2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #35
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
im the only one in this forum still in school!
No, you're not the only one in school here. I go there thrice a week to learn from teachers and kids, how to improve their learning.

It's good that a kid is here debating, but lesson one: read before to post.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #36
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
My advice: sell them to schools!!

That's the market it's directed towards and i feel like im the only one in this forum still in school!

I've legit put 2 of my marketing classes on the idea of getting a class subsidy for them and it might go through in the next 2 weeks.

Mass market? Sure, it could work but from a primary source (me) this changes the need for notebooks/paper/textbooks all over the place.
Though I'm not in school, I use the device to self-study/homeschool myself after working hours! Best device ever to do that! I looked at the M92,and the only ones I could buy where the older versions (for around 275) with issues. The newer versions where sold for $400+. I was not willing to pay that much for a black and white device, when I could get color for the same price! Yes, I bought mine, and in exchange for my jetbook, I am getting $100 off regular price.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #37
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
There aren't enough people willing to purchase this device when you're re-selling them, and want to make a profit off it. And the prices are going down and you know it. That's why you want to buy the device, without running the risk that the prices are going to fall, so you won't lose all your profit margins!
That's why you want prices to fall already, and use this complaining thread...

However, there are plenty of people willing to buy the device! Look how many already have it within the forum!
Not to mention those who get it outside of the forum, and the russian schools!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #38
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
I'm gonna have to agree with Ken and @ProDigit.

Why? Because:

@Dulins - If you do sell a product you're obviously gonna push for it to be sold for financial reasons and have a positive attitude towards them whether its conscious or subconscious.

@Nate - I've never read a positive review from this guy about anything.
You must not read very many of my reviews.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #39
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My advice: sell them to schools!!

That's the market it's directed towards and i feel like im the only one in this forum still in school!

I've legit put 2 of my marketing classes on the idea of getting a class subsidy for them and it might go through in the next 2 weeks.

Mass market? Sure, it could work but from a primary source (me) this changes the need for notebooks/paper/textbooks all over the place.
The iPad is a better value at the moment. And it will likely stay that way for while.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #40
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The iPad is a better value at the moment. And it will likely stay that way for while.
But, you don't get almost 1 month of battery life out of it!
I've seen the ipad, and wished it could be set to darker, but even at the darkest setting it's pretty bright to read black text on a white background!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #41
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Though I'm not in school, I use the device to self-study/homeschool myself after working hours! Best device ever to do that!
Could you give an example for your homeschooling? Do you use the prloeaded books on the device?
Since you are only 2 or three day in possession of the reader, you can't possibly have used it that much for studying ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #42
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Def good luck.

Could you be a little more specific? What did you/they actually read? Or did you read more than before? Could you handle the material better?
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #43
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
Could you give an example for your homeschooling? Do you use the prloeaded books on the device?
Since you are only 2 or three day in possession of the reader, you can't possibly have used it that much for studying ...
I have about 10k of pdf's to read through!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #44
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
But, you don't get almost 1 month of battery life out of it!
I've seen the ipad, and wished it could be set to darker, but even at the darkest setting it's pretty bright to read black text on a white background!
Yes I do. The iPad can sit for up to 4 months on a single charge. Also, I don't use it for a month straight (without putting it down to charge) so that figure is irrelevant.

The iPad does lots more for the same price. It's a better value.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #45
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yes I do. The iPad can sit for up to 4 months on a single charge. Also, I don't use it for a month straight (without putting it down to charge) so that figure is irrelevant.

The iPad does lots more for the same price. It's a better value.
By that reasoning everybody should buy a netbook or cheap laptop -- a netbook costs a lot less than the iPad and can do whole lot more. I don't think anyone here DOESN'T know the iPad (quite a few probably have one already, or some other tablet), but everybody just has decided that an LCD screen is not for them for extended reading.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote