Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #16
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I think you're best bet is the 8" Onyx. It's old kit, but it's open Android and you can connect it to a PC via cable, I think. But you might be better waiting a bit.

In general, the best bet is to get an open Android e-ink e-reader with USB connectivity, rather than a dedicated monitor. But I don't we're quite there yet

But yeah, I want one.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #17
_DS_
_DS_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
http://hothardware.com/News/Sonys-13...-HandsOn-Demo/

There's probably a way to use it as a monitor akin to Kindles.
_DS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #18
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
There is now a 13 inch e-ink monitor available.

http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/0...es-2015-video/
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:39 PM   #19
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post

Very interesting. Hopefully it will eventually become commercial and come down in price. I could go for it at $400. Might not do everything, but for word processing or excel types of things it might be a nice option for a 2nd screen
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:15 AM   #20
burnafterreading
Groupie
burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Arc7HD/10HD, smartphones
will that be released in time for Windows 98? looks very cool! good enough to replace my 19" CRT, for sure.

utterly useless. excel spreadsheets and word docs might be ok, but for (nearly) everything else we'd need colour. charts, photos, status icons, etc.

but it's cool that the only one they have built has a giant defect stripe right down the middle. GO CHINA!!!
burnafterreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 08:19 AM   #21
xibalban
Connoisseur
xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post

Well, that serves as an answer to my fellow critics who doubted the practicality of such a device. I see that it's both practical and possible.

Did they read my first post, however, to fix its retail price so dearly ?
xibalban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #22
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by xibalban View Post
Well, that serves as an answer to my fellow critics who doubted the practicality of such a device. I see that it's both practical and possible.

Pocketbook's 13" vapourware should also work as secondary monitor for iOS/Android phones and tablets, wirelessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...HslmRrMEw#t=78

Last edited by markom; 01-08-2015 at 01:43 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 PM   #23
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by xibalban View Post

Maybe also to sell it paired with some PC on a stick like

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254204

and finger mouse like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJOl_iFC5oY

Last edited by markom; 01-08-2015 at 11:00 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote