Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
borucki
borucki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
i'll pay for ' e-ink as monitor ' guidance.

Greetings,

my english isn't best, so please forgive me any language mstakes,
i hope we'll understand well.

I'm searching info about making an e-ink device an external display for some time, and 've found only theories.

But, i've also found topics on this forum, topics in which someone is menting about making Kindle external display.

i mean mostly topics:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99021

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53582

I'd like to ask You - do You maybe have found a working method to send view from pc to kindle?

Are all those operations could be used to enable such a feature?

Maybe You've made it working, or found some tutorial?

I've searched Your forum and found many ' no ' answers for question " can i make kindle an external monitor ' - but after those topics i'm not sure.

i'm less than zero in matter of coding, or linux, so i don't really understand what You're technically doing there, but i'm sure i'm able to learn all of this if You tell me that it's necessary to reach my goal, which is, like i said, sending view from pc to kindle [ or any other e-ink, really ]

If i'm honest - i'm ready to pay even for some just working tutorial on how to do it - method doesn't have to work perfect, there can be some bugs, no matter, i just seriously need any available, even most ridiculous way to do it [ like for example manual switching beetween .jpeg as frames sent to e-ink by pc. literally - any method will be great ].

If You have some knowledge on this - please share with me, it'll help me a lot.

If You could write me an tutorial [ i've kindle 3 and pocketbook pro 903 ] in exchange for fee - i'm interested.

And if You written how to do it already in one of those topics - please forgive me my lack of knowledge and show me topic which will guide me to my goal.

I have to count on someone else's knowledge.

I'm waiting for Your reply,

Thanks in advance for Your help,
Janusz Borucki
borucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
charmian
Addict
charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW2
You might want to ask if iDisplay (https://market.android.com/details?i...alscreen&hl=en) works with rooted Nook Simple Touch reader. I've heard it works with Nook Color (http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-919782.html), so it might work with Nook STR, but there are no guarantees. In general I think this will be easier to accomplish w/ Android.

Given the negative reviews of iDisplay, though, I am guessing the results will not be very good even if it is possible to run iDisplay on Nook STR.
charmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
MrVer
MrVer began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Hi there.
borucki, I so much understand you. I myself have been craving for such thing for a long time. Tried to get help on forums too, but failed. Have you found anything? I have Nook Simple Touch Reader, charmian is talking about and I rooted it and tried VNC clients on it through WiFi. This works ok, but the screen is too small. 9.7 inches of PocketBook would be quite OK. Because my netbook is only 8.9 inches.
It is a pity we don't have a device with big screen and android.
Hey maybe we could team up and hire a programmer who would port a VNC client or something to a big-screen device? I am ready to pay too. I also saw other guys asking for this on forums. We could team with them too. The more money we collect the more chances we have...
MrVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Take a look at this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=30
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote