Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #1
meccup
meccup began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
Refresh modes and app optimisation inconsistency

This is just drives me crazy.

I've got Nova2, I'm new to Boox products. I like it, however the settings for refresh modes optimisation just drives me crazy.

It is so inconsistent, I can't really understand how it is working what it is doing.

Alright, we've got three different ways of setting up refresh modes:

1. Via android drawer/menu (Normal <-> Speed <-> A2 <-> X)
2. Via the "Navigation Ball" app (switch between Normal <-> A2)
3. Via app optimisation (Normal <-> Speed <-> A2 <-> X)

Which one of those methods get precedence? Say I selected X via app opt, then I selected Normal via drawer, I clearly see that it is somewhat switched to Normal (but tbh I'm not quite sure if it is 100% the same). When I come back to app opt, I see that X is still selected.

Another observation, I don't think "Auto full refresh after scrolling" feature is working at all. I tried it in different modes, but I don't really see any difference.

Another thing, that "app optimisation" dialog also has "animation filter" and "full refresh frequency" settings. I notices that those two does not do anything if either A2 or X is selected. I can definitely see effect of "animation filter" when in Normal mode, e.g. if I set it to 0 then scrolling is smooth but you get huge artefacts on the screen. So why is that I can't use it for X mode?

Also when you switch from one to another, it seems to me you get sometimes different results (in terms of scrolling experience).

Guys, is this something you've got on your device as well?
meccup is offline   Reply With Quote