Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #1
mIRChele
mIRChele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Book series doesn't appear in Kobo

I have a Kobo Glo HD and I use it with Calibre, both updated at the latest version available as of this day. I have some books series I want to upload to the Kobo and have the ability to see them in their order. Calibre correctly reports the book series in the metadata (I compiled it myself), however, when I upload the books to my Kobo, when I go to series or collections there isn't any book. If I go to the author and then sort the books by series, nothing happens, so I think the Kobo is ignoring the series tag. What can I do?
mIRChele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
Just to get the most obvious hurdles out of the way, make sure that you:

- have set "Metadata Management" under calibre preference/Sending books to device/ to "Automatic"

- have connected the divice a second time, after the new book are imported by the device.

The second connection is important, because the driver can only write the series info into the device database, after the book have an entry there. The entry is created during the import.

If those things are all done and the series info does not show up anyway, then a debugg log might help the developers to help you.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mIRChele View Post
I have a Kobo Glo HD and I use it with Calibre, both updated at the latest version available as of this day. I have some books series I want to upload to the Kobo and have the ability to see them in their order. Calibre correctly reports the book series in the metadata (I compiled it myself), however, when I upload the books to my Kobo, when I go to series or collections there isn't any book. If I go to the author and then sort the books by series, nothing happens, so I think the Kobo is ignoring the series tag. What can I do?
Do you have the KoboTouch/Extended driver configured to send the series information to your Kobo? Check the 3rd tab ( Metadata on device and advanced) in the driver configuration. Do you have the metadata management set to Automatic management in the Sending books to devices in calibre's preferences?

A Kobo ereader does not read the series information from the metadata as there is no standard. BTW, this metadata send will require two connections. The first connection to send the ebook to your Kobo and allow it to be imported which creates the database entry for the book, the second connection to update the book entries in the database.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #4
mIRChele

yes, they're both enabled. for some reason, after I upload a book from the series, if I unplug and then plug again the kobo on the pc, calibre can't find the book in the device (no green checkmark in the first column), but I can find it in the kobo. No series group though.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #5
mIRChele

I uninstalled calibre and deleted its config in appdata folder, then I did a clean reinstall, now it works as it should. Who knows... thank you for your answers anyway!
Advert