Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-05-2020, 10:54 PM   #1
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Error converting to txt

Error converting to txt
Some files should be converted to txt and I get the following error
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	104
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	180416   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	110
Size:	802.0 KB
ID:	180417   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	112
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	180418   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	118
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	180419  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no TXT version in that book, convert it first then save to disk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:01 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Error converting to txt
Some files should be converted to txt and I get the following error
I believe STD expects the format to exist, unlike Send to Device, which converts on the fly IF an enabled format does not exist.

Convert first, then send and existing format.
If you note the configuration of STD, it does not have the list of formats possible nor the order (priority )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:23 PM   #4
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have tried converting the book to txt and then saving to disk and it worked.
I was testing alternatives before seeing your answers, thank you very much !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	180420   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	180421   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	180422   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	180423   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	180424  
Old 07-06-2020, 09:28 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I have tried converting the book to txt and then saving to disk and it worked.
I was testing alternatives before seeing your answers, thank you very much !!
Your welcome
Figuring out the Logic of how some things work/behave is what gets to my curious spot (there must be some Cat in my family tree )
Send to device has known rules (settings are in the driver), while save to disk is just a simple file system operation (no driver).

I do a lot of 'Wow" when I see what Calibre does. Kovid has done some fantastic work. I know folk complain, but once you get so far down the development road, it is near next to impossible to make a change of direction because of a design decision waaaay back. Version Compatibility (DB) seems to be the Top of Kovids list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
dunhill
Guru

Calibre is the universe, there are many things that are not known but when the doubt arises, Father Kovid explains.
And there one discovers that the gear was already planned so that everything works.
And how many things will it be able to do that we have not even imagined yet.
I take off my hat !!!