Notices

Old 05-31-2020, 07:34 AM   #1
nicole ridgway
Enthusiast
nicole ridgway began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite [10th generation]
Send multiple books to Kindle

Hello people.
Sorry if this is not the right section, please move my request elsewhere.

When I send books to my PaperWhite, I can only send one by one.
I cannot send more than one book.
Is there a way to solve that?
I need to send more than 20 pfd exported to MOBI and I cannot open&close the app 20 times!

I use Calibre 4.17 and gmx.com as mail provider.

Thanks.
nicole ridgway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:02 AM   #2
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Send via usb.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
nicole ridgway
Enthusiast
nicole ridgway began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite [10th generation]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Send via usb.
no way to send more than one book via Calibre?
nicole ridgway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
select all the books and click send
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:49 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole ridgway View Post
no way to send more than one book via Calibre?
I am not using a gmx account with calibre but I have no problems selecting a group of books and emailing them with my provider which generates one email per book. Perhaps GMX is the issue.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:08 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just did some quick testing with a gmx account and sending multiple books. The first book sent happily enough, the second book sat and never sent (original test waited 4 minutes, the second test waited ~2 minutes). After stopping the other send jobs, I had to restart calibre before it would let me send another book via email.

After the restart, I sent to gmx again and the same one book sent the next one just waited. I switched to my usual ISP and no issues with sending the 4 books. See attached image.

For the fun part, I switched back to gmx and the 4 books sent without issue. Perhaps that I hadn't used GMX in quite a while?

Anyhow, I have to say it is probably a GMX issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	send_via_email.png
Views:	139
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	179620  
Old 05-31-2020, 01:14 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a deliberate five minute wait when using public smtp providers like gmx/gmail etc. See the first note: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:22 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is a deliberate five minute wait when using public smtp providers like gmx/gmail etc. See the first note: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
Now that you mention that, it brings back a memory of why I switched from using GMX to email books.

So sending 20 books would default to taking 95 minutes plus the time to actually send the books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Patience-My-Ass-Poster-copy.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	179621  

Last edited by DNSB; 05-31-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The other issue you'll have is with 20 PDF, you'll have a right mess as Mobi or KF8. PDF converts very poorly and not without many errors. In some cases, it'll be unreadable.

If you have a tablet, use that to read the PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote