Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #616
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Sigh, well the book I was trying to buy finally doesn't give the Uh Oh error, but....

So I click buy now and it takes me to an entirely new checkout page, something I've never seen before (didn't get it this morning on a different purchase). Fine, I apply my coupon and try to complete the sale, nope not so fast "there's an error with your payment method", fine have to click 'edit details' now to change the method to PayPal, click continue now "there is nothing in your cart". Go find book again and it says it's already in my library. Check library, nope not there.

Really Kobo, I've been trying to give you money for this book for days now.

:rant off:

Oh, and this new checkout show a box to apply a code even for books where coupons don't work.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-30-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #617
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Oh, and this new checkout show a box to apply a code even for books where coupons don't work.
Well ist't that special

Hope you're able to buy the book soon.

That's why I didn't save up my coupons codes. For some reason Kobo only likes to sell me 10 books at a time when using my credit card.
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #618
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Sigh, well the book I was trying to buy finally doesn't give the Uh Oh error, but....

So I click buy now and it takes me to an entirely new checkout page, something I've never seen before (didn't get it this morning on a different purchase). Fine, I apply my coupon and try to complete the sale, nope not so fast "there's an error with your payment method", fine have to click 'edit details' now to change the method to PayPal, click continue now "there is nothing in your cart". Go find book again and it says it's already in my library. Check library, nope not there.

Really Kobo, I've been trying to give you money for this book for days now.

:rant off:

<<for Kobo for you! That book that I got the 'uhoh' on yesterday, then when I tried to buy it again and it said it was in my library but it wasn't? Well, it did show up in my library this afternoon [after a few more times of trying to buy it]. So, my point is, if it says it's in your library, maybe it will show up tomorrow like mine did?! *crosses fingers for you*

As for new checkout screen, I haven't seen it [yet], and hope that it doesn't muck things up even more on their site.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #619
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
They are all about female reporters, part of a group called the I-Team, so if this is an issue then this series would definitely not work for you!
Yes, it was a whole series I was able to cross off my TBR!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #620
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
As for new checkout screen, I haven't seen it [yet], and hope that it doesn't muck things up even more on their site.
Well in case anyone cares to see what it looks like here's a screen grab...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	114289  

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-30-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #621
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
So, my point is, if it says it's in your library, maybe it will show up tomorrow like mine did?! *crosses fingers for you*
Maybe it will. I just checked my credit card and there are pending charges for both times I tried buying it and got an error.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #622
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

All of Anne Barbour's Regency Romances are being offered at Amazon for .99. Most of them were originally published by Signet and have now been reissued as ebooks by Belgrave House.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #623
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Maybe it will. I just checked my credit card and there are pending charges for both times I tried buying it and got an error.
Check your library and see if you can download it.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #624
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
All of Anne Barbour's Regency Romances are being offered at Amazon for .99. Most of them were originally published by Signet and have now been reissued as ebooks by Belgrave House.
Oh wow! Amazing deal! I bought most of them from BOB when they had one of their sales I think I see a couple I missed!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #625
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Check your library and see if you can download it.
I did check my library. It's not there.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #626
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I did check my library. It's not there.
Time to use the Kobo chat it works well. Have screenshots handy if they ask for them.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #627
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Time to use the Kobo chat it works well. Have screenshots handy if they ask for them.
Yeah, I'll wait until tomorrow to see if it shows up like Blue2u mentioned otherwise I'll contact them.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #628
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
I just found this for all those who like Western Romances:

Western Kisses for 0.99

Kick off the holidays with five heartwarming romances from bestselling authors Kirsten Osbourne, Carré White and more!

This fantastic collection of novellas is available for 99 cents for a limited time.

The Man from Cripple Creek by Carré White
After the ravages of Smallpox left her scarred for life, Willow Brady had resigned herself to spinsterhood. A chance meeting with a rugged stranger changes everything, as she’s drawn to his sadness, which mirrors her own.

Almost Lonely by Anya Karin
Lottie Wright’s home town of Almos, Texas, was a vibrant little farming community until just about everyone left, fearing the Civil War coming their direction. Now, she must come to terms with herself and finding love in the most unexpected places when outlaw-on-the-run Colton Howe appears on her doorstep.

Mail Order Matron by Kirsten Osbourne
After a life dedicated to her mother, Julia takes a chance and becomes a mail order bride. Edward, a lonely widower, has no hope that any woman will answer his advertisement. Will this unlikely couple find love together?

Unwanted Bride by Flora Dare
When Heloise’s beau choses her sister, she decides to start a new life as a mail order bride. But the man who wrote the letters isn’t the one she’s marrying, it’s his errant nephew. Can they move beyond their past and have a loving first Christmas together?

Romancing Rosalie by AnnMarie Oakes
When Rosalie flees Boston and her cheating fiancé for the Colorado Territory, it might be the perfect refuge, if she can accept the hardships of frontier life. Trouble is, Garrett Ballinger, the local marshal, is plenty interested in the pretty Easterner. Can a Christmas miracle warm up Rosalie's frozen heart?
Old 10-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #629
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I just bought the "Western Kisses" set at AR and won a prize! I wonder if they will send it to Greece?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #630
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie is on sale for $3.99 at Amazon
Closed Thread