Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 07:05 AM   #16
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I like that I can hold my K3 in one hand while standing on the bus/metro and turn pages with that hand -- swiping is a two-hander!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #17
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I can kinda cradle my paperwhite with one hand with my thumb kinda hovering over the screen, it's hard to explain.

But I see what you're saying.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2019, 06:24 AM   #18
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Is the Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wifi can still access gmail through 3G? Or per 2019, it is not possible anymore? Thanks
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #19
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKuns View Post
Is the Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wifi can still access gmail through 3G? Or per 2019, it is not possible anymore? Thanks
I used my Kindle Keyboard to receive and send email via Gmail yesterday. Still works fine, if you don't count the errors I made typing email addresses! I made an ebook of my email contact list, to use when I am in the county without phone or computer access. I've been most grateful to have my old Kindle with me on trips to Central America and the Caribbean also.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #20
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Good idea! I never thought about doing that!
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2019, 08:02 AM   #21
WDeranged
Enthusiast
WDeranged began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
I tried a Paperwhite in 2013 and I found that I preferred the look of my KK's screen. In daytime conditions the screen is whiter and the contrast is higher, it just looks more crisp.

Yesterday I got the 2018 PW to see how things have evolved and it's exactly the same. In certain conditions the PW's screen does look more 'papery' but I still find the text harder to read.

I did try the font bolding option which actually makes a big difference but at night time I still found the contrast lacking, what should be black is more of a ghostly grey.

I could actually live with these problems but the single biggest annoyance for me was trying to tap footnote symbols in the text. Four out of five taps didn't register and any footnote symbols at the top of the page completely fail to register as the main kindle menu bar overrides them.

Looks like I'll be returning another PW and staying with my dusty, cracked Kindle Keyboard for now.
WDeranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #22
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKuns View Post
You can still use 3G where there is a good AT&T connection, but after this year, I think AT&T is the only 3G going (they plan to discontinue 3G by 2021). So, if you really NEED cell connection, you're going to have to upgrade to a Paperwhite or Oasis soon. They have 4G already.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote