Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
update 2. I have rage quit the whole project. removed g drive backup and sync, removed the 3+Gb I put into g drive, reverted FFS to mirror only to dropbox
I need to feel 100% safe with now I manage calibre library and GOOGLE DRIVE IS NEVER GOING TO GET THAT TRUST BACK.

I may try with a 3rd cloud provider if one comes recommended for use with CC, but not if it means I have to get a microsoft account!
otherwise I will accept that my new tablet can only get books from the local PC when its on, and not from the cloud
I will keep dropbox going (, until they pull the plug on me,) as my main library backup. I have a spare library copy stashed to another external drive , just in case .

Last edited by stumped; 07-26-2019 at 12:02 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
ps a google search finds this ( undated) statement - even more confusing:

Note: CC Android no longer supports Google Drive. That support ended when Google stopped supporting the feature that CC uses to login to a cloud provider.

Related entries

Author:
Charles Haley
Revision:
You cannot comment on this entry
There should be a post after that one saying that I found a way around the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
update 2. I have rage quit the whole project. removed g drive backup and sync, removed the 3+Gb I put into g drive, reverted FFS to mirror only to dropbox
I need to feel 100% safe with now I manage calibre library and GOOGLE DRIVE IS NEVER GOING TO GET THAT TRUST BACK.

I may try with a 3rd cloud provider if one comes recommended for use with CC, but not if it means I have to get a microsoft account!
otherwise I will accept that my new tablet can only get books from the local PC when its on, and not from the cloud
I will keep dropbox going (, until they pull the plug on me,) as my main library backup. I have a spare library copy stashed to another external drive , just in case .
Too bad I wasn't faster. I suspect that the problem is related to the number of "items" in the library folder. Drive paginates the results if there are lots. How many is "lots"? I don't know, but it could be more than 1000.

However, the Drive API seems to order the results by default in reverse time order. If this is true then deleting and re-copying the metadata.db file should make the library visible by making the database the newest file in the folder.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #18
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
There should be a post after that one saying that I found a way around the problem.
Too bad I wasn't faster. I suspect that the problem is related to the number of "items" in the library folder. Drive paginates the results if there are lots. How many is "lots"? I don't know, but it could be more than 1000.

However, the Drive API seems to order the results by default in reverse time order. If this is true then deleting and re-copying the metadata.db file should make the library visible by making the database the newest file in the folder.
there are over 5K files in my calibre folder, about 1,500 different book titles. so that could be an explanation.

that;s a "small" library, if the "mine's bigger than yours" library size posts are anything to go by !
metadata.db is right at the end, after all the author subfolders, takes about 5 minutes of fierce scrolling in web view to see it!

but its a confidence thing. If i cant be sure that g Drive will always work than I don't want it. esp because when I use the cloud conenct is late at night to get one more book to read, and main PC is off, that;s not a good time for getting errors if like me you can't just let go and will fret about it until solved.
looking back just over this year, there's been lost support from amazon drive, and the dropbox workaround, & which probably does not play nice with the 3 device limit, plus the G drive issues.
its not looking good for cloud support

I know you are no longer the developer but maybe pcloud can be moved up the to do list? or should I go try box.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote