Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
Phenatic
Phenatic began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Kindle
Name of Explorer Folders

Please help my OCD. When I import books into Calibre, the folders imported to Windows have the following:

Calibre Documents\author\BookTitle_ (#)

The _(#) is aggravating me. How do I get rid of that?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Example.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	162806  
Phenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Please see the Sticky.

bernie

P.S.
Quote:
Finally, the reason there are numbers at the end of every title folder, is for robustness. That number is the id number of the book record in the calibre database. The presence of the number allows you to have multiple records with the same title and author names. It is also part of what allows calibre to magically regenerate the database with all metadata if the database file gets corrupted. Given that calibre’s mission is to get you to stop storing metadata in filenames and stop using the filesystem to find things, the increased robustness afforded by the id numbers is well worth the uglier folder names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenatic View Post
Please help my OCD. When I import books into Calibre, the folders imported to Windows have the following:

Thanks.

Last edited by gbm; 03-14-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: added p.s.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
PHow do I get rid of that?
You don't. It's part of the directory/file structure of the Calibre library,

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-15-2018 at 04:07 AM. Reason: insert / in close quote
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:15 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Thanks.
You can't. It's there by design -- see the referenced sticky. Think of the Calibre library folder as a black box which Calibre manages and accesses. You don't even want to look inside -- read the virtual signs "NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE!" and "OPENING THIS DIRECTORY WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY".

Last edited by DNSB; 03-16-2018 at 02:20 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote