Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2016, 07:25 AM   #16
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagepack View Post
Didn't bother with a cover. Can't see overdrive anywhere, had a quick look through the settings. Where would it be?
@jswolf will be along later to remind you to get a cover

Apparently you put your overdrive account details into settings, and then search the store.

http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...rive-know-far/
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:26 AM   #17
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
What is in the .kobo\version file?
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2016, 07:27 AM   #18
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
So happy about the uniformity! Also jelly!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:29 AM   #19
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
What is in the .kobo\version file?
First Kobo since my old Glo, where would I find that?
pagepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:32 AM   #20
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
@jswolf will be along later to remind you to get a cover

Apparently you put your overdrive account details into settings, and then search the store.

http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...rive-know-far/
There is no overdrive option in the settings menu.
Advert
Old 08-31-2016, 07:35 AM   #21
pagepack
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
So happy about the uniformity! Also jelly!
I was concerned. First time I turned on a Voyage, I thought, "no way, its going back", twice!! I know some folk cannot see colour shift, I can. I'm very happy.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:41 AM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Quote:
It synced on set-up and was up-to-date.
Did it actually download and install an update? From your other comments, I suspect this is the factory firmware. Whether it is or isn't, there will be an update in the next few days.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:49 AM   #23
pagepack
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Did it actually download and install an update? From your other comments, I suspect this is the factory firmware. Whether it is or isn't, there will be an update in the next few days.
Took a few attempts to login into my Kobo account, my login details kept throwing up an error with the server. Then eventually it connected, synced and said device was up-to-date. I think I got a Aura One by mistake, a nice mistake.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:56 AM   #24
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
New to Kobo and just placed an order from Chapters Indigo. I have been reading primarily on Kindles. Can Auro One owners please answer these questions:

- How is the screen responsiveness to highlighting text?
- Can I access my highlights once I connect Kobo to my computer? Kindle allows me to access my highlights via a simple text file. Very important to me.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:00 AM   #25
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
What can you tell us the text compared to kindle voyage?

it be more contrast, darker, crispy, better, worst, same?
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:06 AM   #26
pagepack
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
What can you tell us the text compared to kindle voyage?

it be more contrast, darker, crispy, better, worst, same?
I couldn't compare as I sent the Voyage back as the colour shift was unacceptable, I can only compare to my pw2. I slightly increased the font weight on my Aura One and my pw2 looks washed out in compression. Obviously its very subjective as we all see things a little differently.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:11 AM   #27
pagepack
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolson View Post
- How is the screen responsiveness to highlighting text?
- Can I access my highlights once I connect Kobo to my computer? Kindle allows me to access my highlights via a simple text file. Very important to me.
Slightly slower than my Kindle, not a lot in it TBH. Not that keen on a word being underlined, rather have it being made solid like the kindle. I'm sure someone will be able to tell me how to alter this.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:20 AM   #28
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I do too. It looks like reviewers were given a slightly newer firmware with demo overdrive support, and there will be a firmware update later to add proper overdrive support - at which point we discover if owners of older hardware get overdrive as well...

Last edited by chrisridd; 08-31-2016 at 09:15 AM.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:44 AM   #29
Masuka
Masuka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One, iPad Pro
Got mine this morning. Initial impression is very good, although I did seem to hit a bug that wouldn't let me exit a book. I had to reload the device to get out of it.

There were places other than LambdaTek selling it in the UK. Last time I checked, there were sellers on eBay estimating delivery by the 2nd.
Masuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:21 AM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I do too. It looks like reviewers were given a slightly newer firmware with demo overdrive support, and there will be a firmware update later to add proper overdrive support - at which point we discover if owners of older hardware get overdrive as well...
Unfortunately, we probably won't. Don't hold your breath waiting for a release for the other devices. And even then, it might have Overdrive support disabled.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote