Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Nook goodness overload

I'm still in full blown new toy mode with my nook color and loving it to death and today Barnes and Noble gives my original nook eink a huge juicy update.

Faster page turning (though I always never found it to be an issue) but it is certainly on par with the latest Kindle 3 and the new sony

Great organizations with "my shelves"

Syncing to all your devices

Sharper text (Pearl what?)

and other such goodness

Curses Barnes and Noble now you are going to make me look like weirdo on the train tomorrow with me going back and forth trying to decide which nook to use.

I honestly and truely believe that with my original nook and my nook color that I have the best eink and the best dedicated LCD ereader's on the market.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
graphicsgirl
Connoisseur
graphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook wifi, Ebookwise 1150, Dell Axim x5
Agreed. It's nice that B&N continues to support their older products. I feel like I've just gotten a new nook because of the 1.5 firmware.
graphicsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I couldn't be happier. I'm enjoying both. The original nook will still be my everyday reader I take with me, but my nighttime reading will be great with the nookcolor. I could probably live with just the nookcolor, but after the 1.5 update I am not parting with my original nook.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I can't wait to get home to upgrade my classic to 1.5. I'm still on the 14 day trial with the Nook Color and I thought this business trip would be a good test to see if I like it.

My only regret about this trip is that I didn't put some movies and MP3s on the device before I left home.

I thought reading off the LCD would bother me but it doesn't. Also, I lay in bed last night and did some surfing with the browser. It was actually good and I read some NY Times online articles and then checked my checking account and payed some bills.

I will be upgrading my classic Nook and giving it to my wife, probably. However, I am a little sorry to give it up.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
I am really enjoying the new color nook. I transcoded the full second season of torchwood for viewing on my nook which works really well. I was watching old episodes of Better off Ted as well. The music player is nice, the reader is excellent. I am loving the magazines and the kids books are fun too.

I am very happy and everything is working very well. I just ordered a few 16GB microSD cards to store videos on. It is a very good day.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
It has been an early holiday for nook owners. Great new toy, and a fresh coat of paint on the old one
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #8
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanWatson View Post
I am really enjoying the new color nook. I transcoded the full second season of torchwood for viewing on my nook which works really well. I was watching old episodes of Better off Ted as well. The music player is nice, the reader is excellent. I am loving the magazines and the kids books are fun too.

I am very happy and everything is working very well. I just ordered a few 16GB microSD cards to store videos on. It is a very good day.
How's the battery life so far for watching videos on it?
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote