Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 06-26-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Cybook PDF viewer beta

If you own the Cybook e-book reader and always wanted to read PDF documents on it, you can now try the first beta of their forthcoming PDF viewer. Check out this message on the Cybook group for details.

David from Teleread isn't entirely impressed with the present beta (there's no zoom feature yet and the software runs rather slow), but at least this is an honest attempt to continue support for an excellent e-book reader.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
PDF? Can I eat that? Seriously, I don't want to read e-books in PDF! For my part, I contest them.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
PDF? Can I eat that? Seriously, I don't want to read e-books in PDF! For my part, I contest them.
I do too most of the time. But sometimes I have documentation or other data only in PDF and due to it's formatting or graphical nature it's not convenient to convert it. Not to mention that EVERY tool I've tried ends up mangling all but the most basic PDF. Even having Acrobat Professional doesn't help.

The Cybook is steep for me but it sure looks nice. If it can eventually display PDF nicely it'd be just one more reason to consider snatching one up.

When they come down in price of course. Until then I'll look at the pictures and imagine licking that yummy 800x600 screen
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote