Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I think I've still got a few of those around here somewhere.
...which explains why you haven't needed to buy some bigger pants yet !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #32
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It was all those chocolate croissants that nearly did me in ... I really miss those, actually ... and Gini, I rather like Gini.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well, i don't know how well the chocolate croissants would travel but maybe i could mail you some...

or maybe you'll just have to come back.

(but, gini, didn't you say it's exactly like some other drink you have at home ?)
Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #34
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, I think you're remembering the Mr. Pibb/Dr. Pepper controversy, or maybe that the Coca Cola there seems to be just like the Coca Cola here.

I can get Orangina easily enough, but the only place I've found Gini is at a specialty liquor and exotic beverage store in downtown Houston (Spec's for those who know it).
Old 09-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel

well maybe i could add a few cans of gini, but they would probably crush the croissants... yep, i think you have no choice : you'll have to come back again.
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #36
NatCh
Gizmologist

Not this year ... maybe when the kids (that we don't have yet) are about 12 years old.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Not this year ... maybe when the kids (that we don't have yet) are about 12 years old.
i'll tell them to save some chocolate croissants for you then and stock up on the gini.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #38
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
So can anyone start an "official" thread? I thought only moderators could do that.

BTW: I still love my PRS-500 and my Kindle.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist

Anyone can type "Official" in the title ... I don't recall off-hand any instance where a moderator did so, however -- I think all the "Official" threads were started by non-mods.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:12 AM   #40
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by FligMupple View Post
I won't say I "love" my Sony Reader (love, who can love metal?) but I'm very satisfied with it.
Of course you can: I *love* my reader. I want to marry it and make babies.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:41 AM   #41
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I only wish these readers came out 10 years earlier.
I had an 500 first, but switched it to a 505. I read it almost every day. Or rather, I read the books on it.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #42
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Just got my reader a couple of months ago when I went to the states. Absolutely loving it!!

It'll save me quite a lot in the long run - considering the nose-bleed prices NZ booksellers charge for books over here. Not to mention piss-poor selection they offer, especially in Sci-Fi/Fantasy

booksonboard, fictionwise and MS LIT have been my friends.

Last edited by sherman; 09-23-2008 at 07:09 AM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #43
martinbradford
martinbradford began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
... and lost it within 48 hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbradford View Post
Had mine less than 24 hours, but I have a feeling that it is going to be a long running affair! Even read, and quite enjoyed, a bit of Mills and Boone (though, of course, I would deny it vigorously) - was a pre-loaded sample :-)

Martin
Last I saw of it was disappearing into my wife's shoulder bag as she headed out for the train this morning

Still - never mind - I hadn't read the article about the October announcement before I bought it - so now I can wait to see if there is a new, enhanced model coming out and leave her with the OLD version

Martin
martinbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #44
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FligMupple View Post
I've purchased 33 books from Sony's site in the last 11 months.

I've abandoned 12 of them. (read a bit of the book and didn't like it so I stopped reading)

I won't say I "love" my Sony Reader (love, who can love metal?) but I'm very satisfied with it. It is an amazing device, and suited my needs perfectly.

Normally people only post here if they are newbies or have problems. I just wanted to post something that shows I'm a longer-term satisfied user of the PRS-505.

(disclaimer: I'm kinda drunk)
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #45
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
around here we call it a liseuse. no really, just ask anyone.

i will probably be posting to this thread soon to tell of a love affair which should shortly begin...
Caught you. Liseuse radical.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote