Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
HisLittleOne
Enthusiast
HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPad Mini w/retina
Error Updating IOS Reader Plugin

This is the details when I tried to install the iOS reader plugin:

calibre, version 2.14.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 392, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 559, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 553, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 798, in initialize
TypeError: not enough arguments for format string
failed with traceback:
HisLittleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
mkrubsack
mkrubsack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, Nexus 7 FHD
Same thing here. Same problem. Same error.
mkrubsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2015, 01:23 AM   #3
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
me too
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:44 AM   #4
elisathon
elisathon began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
Same problem

I have the same problem. I didn't realize I would lose Calibre send to device when I upgraded to Yosemite.
I added the ios reader plugin and still can't connect my iPad 2 iOS8 to Calibre using Content Server - I can access my Calibre library from my MacBook using Firefox (which is great) but Safari on iPad doesn't load the local address as shown in Connect/Share, Content Server menu.

Any help?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLittleOne View Post
This is the details when I tried to install the iOS reader plugin:

calibre, version 2.14.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 392, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 559, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
failed with traceback:
elisathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:34 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
First you say you get the same error message ending in "TypeError: not enough arguments for format string" -- which was fixed, by the way.
Then you say you did successfully add the iOSRA plugin to calibre, but you still cannot connect to the Content Server?

The iOSRA plugin does not add the content server, the content server is built into calibre.
The iOSRA plugin allows you to connect your iDevice as a device in calibre, and use send-to-device from calibre to send books.

If you cannot find the Content Server from your iPad's browser, the most likely problem is that your networking is setup wonky.
Sometimes there will be a guest band you have connected to instead of the main one -- so while you still have internet access, you are technically on a different network.
It is also possible your router disables connected devices from seeing each other.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert