Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #16
rainbow.dash
rainbow.dash began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Sigil (or it seems to me) works best when each image is in a section or chapter of its own. Can't you achieve your desired effect simply by inserting the image(s) between chapters?
Hi Notjohn,
That's what I ended up doing, in fact - I put each illustration on a separate page and simply inserted them in Sigil. It seemed to work well, although I haven't yet purchased the book from iBooks or NOOK to make sure.
rainbow.dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by clatterjill View Post
I am in the midst of putting together a picture book in sigil.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about html, etc...don't want a huge expense (like publishing fixed page etc...) but do want the pictures to look rather decent and work readers.

When I download others' picture books, their pictures don't seem to work so well. The pics bleed to next pages and then the pages don't really turn.
Just out of curiosity, what viewer(s) are you using? And are you viewing FF books, or...?

Quote:
I've found one picture book that seems to work in whatever viewer I've stuck it into.

the author created pics: 1,000 x 1100. I've been told to keep pictures to a 4:3 ratio.
Well, that's fine for older Kindles and for the iPad. It's not right at all for the newer Amazon devices or the NookHD's.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
clatterjill, images, picture, sigil