Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #31
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Definitely! Friend of mine preordered. I havent had the cash to blow just yet. It is about a dream come true, though. Rugged, self recharging tablet for my camping trips and daily use. Cant wait
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #32
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I took my EE back to Dingo and forward again to Allmine Universal .4 and it is smiling again... still have the intermittent hibernate problem, but it is useable again...

I have been wondering if I go to the Allmine Universal 0.5 whether that might mitigate the hibernate problem... Has anyone used Allmine Universal 0.5 on the EE? Has it affected hibernation?

I'll wait a few days before I experiment on my own..

Thanks in advance...

Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #33
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Earl looks awesome, if it works out. What a great traveling companion! I'd still rather read on my EE at home, though.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #34
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
The EE is great, as long as you can prop it up against your knees while you are reading... It really has not been beaten in all these years in it's size class...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #35
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlcab View Post
Why the heck would you want a POS Kindle DX? That technology is 3 yrs old and was not that great when it was new. Better to buy an old EE.
Kindle DX is still a very good pdf reader, but only after we take five minutes to install KPV thereon (a PDF reader for Kindle, based on muPDF, GPLv3), getting all the necessary pdf zooming options for A4 pdf scans and vectors.

It allows pdf highlighting(by underscoring) that can be later quickly accessed through the history list, gamma correction to make fonts darker, night mode, folders/subfolders, scan reflow(based on k2pdfopt) etc.

KPV is also very good reader for djvu, epub, cbz, html files and it only takes a couple of seconds to leave KPV for native pdf and mobi reader.

I usually use it simultaneously (similarly to eDGe) together with another e-ink or iPad; Kindle DX just for plain reading and iPad for scribbling, endnotes, color recognition, dictionaries, multitasking, pdf storage etc.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190641

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198742

If it sometimes takes 3-4 seconds or more to turn the next pdf page because of compression method involved e.g. those pdfs at archive.org or maybe new Abbyy 12, then we can use k2pdfopt to quickly and easily optimize pdf for Kindle DX size and resolution (turn pdf to bitmap in this case) so that again it flips through pages in a second or two.

http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/

Last edited by markom; 08-23-2014 at 06:36 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #36
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
I'd rather spend $340 and give the Onyx Boox a shot. Waaaaay more versatile with the OS. That's why EE was/is great.
tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ee pe, new age, samsung galaxy note, tablet