Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
KILL
KILL began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question isbn

Hi,
How Can I make Calibre show me only the books in my library that HAVE ISBN , without showing the others?(so that i can download metadata for them)
I'd like to do this without having to select the books one by one.

Can you help?
thank you very much and as always, sorry for my bad english!

Chiara
KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILL View Post
How Can I make Calibre show me only the books in my library that HAVE ISBN , without showing the others?(so that i can download metadata for them)
Try isbn:true in the search bar.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
ISBN:false or Ids:false in the search bar shows those without
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:56 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
ISBN:false or Ids:false in the search bar shows those without
As I read it the Original Poster wants to see all books "that HAVE ISBN", not those without ISBN.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
KILL
KILL began at the beginning.

thank you so much!!!
KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
As I read it the Original Poster wants to see all books "that HAVE ISBN", not those without ISBN.
I realized that just as I posted and was going to edit but so your post so didn't bother as it had the correct info
Oh well was late at night

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I realized that just as I posted and was going to edit but so your post so didn't bother as it had the correct info
Oh well was late at night

Helen
I think it's great to have both examples so folks can try other things with true and false also.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
killa
killa began at the beginning.

Hi, I'm trying to make calibre displays only the books that HAVe descriptions.
i tried with
description:true but it doesn't work.
What I0m doing wrong??
Thank you
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
description:true but it doesn't work.
Try comments:true
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #10
killa
killa began at the beginning.

you're my hero!!!thank you, it works!!!
killa is offline   Reply With Quote