Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 04:03 AM   #1
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur
E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+
Post The Savior Libra - Part I on the Apocalypse Chronicles

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/718507

20% free sample available to download. Available at Smashwords (the link above) or at Barnes and Noble. Coming soon to the iBookstore and Amazon. Feel free to leave a review on Smashwords, or in this thread as a reply. Any feedback at all is greatly appreciated, whether you liked it or not.

"Lance Validoorce is a young and dark boy who hates change in his life, hangs onto his older brother like a source of light, and was turned into a murderer at ten years old from his first experience with his talents of E.S.P. Now he is having the worst week of his life. He is turning fourteen soon, his E.S.P. is going nuts under the influence of a perpetual full moon, and—

And there is a powerful lunatic named Lusephur hunting him down.

Lance can barely control his powers as they are, and now he has a little bit more on his plate to deal with. Enter Nina, a weird girl by even Lance’s standards, offering the training that would give him the control over his powers he has longed for. On one condition: he has to destroy Lusephur, who has slaughtered all those who had gone before Lance to do the same thing. Forced, by a bloody massacre in his own town, to leave his home to cross over into a completely different world, Lance is promised his training- right under the eye of the power-crazed, homicidal lunatic.

And all Lance had been worried about was whether or not he would walk around with his best friend and some cute, dressed-up girls on Halloween…"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Savior Libra Final Cover.jpeg
Views:	230
Size:	790.3 KB
ID:	156289  

Last edited by E.M.DuBois; 04-23-2017 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Minor typo fixed.
E.M.DuBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.DuBois View Post
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/718507

20% free sample available to download. Available at Smashwords (the link above) or at Barnes and Noble. Coming soon to the iBookstore and Amazon. Feel free to leave a review on Smashwords, or in this threat as a reply. Any feedback at all is greatly appreciated, whether you liked it or not.

"Lance Validoorce is a young and dark boy who hates change in his life, hangs onto his older brother like a source of light, and was turned into a murderer at ten years old from his first experience with his talents of E.S.P. Now he is having the worst week of his life. He is turning fourteen soon, his E.S.P. is going nuts under the influence of a perpetual full moon, and—

And there is a powerful lunatic named Lusephur hunting him down.

Lance can barely control his powers as they are, and now he has a little bit more on his plate to deal with. Enter Nina, a weird girl by even Lance’s standards, offering the training that would give him the control over his powers he has longed for. On one condition: he has to destroy Lusephur, who has slaughtered all those who had gone before Lance to do the same thing. Forced, by a bloody massacre in his own town, to leave his home to cross over into a completely different world, Lance is promised his training- right under the eye of the power-crazed, homicidal lunatic.

And all Lance had been worried about was whether or not he would walk around with his best friend and some cute, dressed-up girls on Halloween…"
Ok review,
Why are you threatening here?
Reread your post. You have a killer word error.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:47 AM   #3
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur
E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Fixed.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're charging a ludicrous price for it. Nobody is going to pay $15.99 for a self-published book by an unknown author. That's the sort of price charged for a hardback from a mainstream publisher by a big-name author.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #5
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Sorry, I'm with Harry. It's way outside my budget for a new author.

The last time I paid $15 for an ebook it was the eARC of the last book in a series that I'd been waiting years for.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I am with the others on this.
Unknown author.
First Book.
Sounds like a teenage or young adult fantasy.
The other thing is if the description is any indication of the writing style of the author then the book more than likely needs to be proofread.
Now, you can play find the error in the description.
Hint, think back to Schoolhouse rock.

So that will put off many people especially when you are higher priced than most mainstream authors.
Yes, I know you said it is a long book. That price is still way too much.
I also see you are not available many places.
Another turn off.

You did ask for a review.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 04-23-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:56 AM   #7
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I am with the others on this.
Unknown author.
First Book.
Sounds like a teenage or young adult fantasy.
The other thing is if the description is any indication of the writing style of the author then the book more than likely needs to be proofread.
Now, you can play find the error in the description.

So that will put off many people especially when you are higher priced than most mainstream authors.
Yes, I know you said it is a long book. That price is still way too much.
I also see you are not available many places.
Another turn off.

You did ask for a review.
Alright, so what would you suggest for a price? And what places, other than Amazon (tried and failed) would those be, so I could look into submitting to them?
Old 04-24-2017, 01:59 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon is THE place for book sales. You need to get your book there. Why did you fail?

As for price. First book by an unknown author? Sorry, but something around $2.99 tops is what people will pay.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:08 AM   #9
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Amazon is THE place for book sales. You need to get your book there. Why did you fail?

As for price. First book by an unknown author? Sorry, but something around $2.99 tops is what people will pay.
Then I guess I'm never selling a single copy. And why, you ask? Oh, Amazon has a little clause with Smashwords that says I need make a total profit of at least 2 grand in sales before I can distribute to them. Yeah, didn't know that til after I tried.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:11 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Pull it from Smashwords. Seriously. Most authors get 90%+ of their sales from Amazon. At $15.99 I fear you're right; you're never going to sell a single copy.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:14 AM   #11
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur

And at 2.99 I don't know if I'd want to. I know I browse right over anything less than 5.99.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:17 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm afraid that's the way it is. Don't take my word for it - ask in the "Writers' Corner" forum here at MR, which is where our author members hang out. They're the people who know.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:19 AM   #13
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur

Would people at least consider it if it was 5.99? And pulling it from Smashwords... yeah, not gonna happen. I like how simple they make the process, and then do all the distributing for me. Tried that before I found Smashwords, and had no time to market. Now I have as much time as I want outside of my full-time employment.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:21 AM   #14
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Didn't watch schoolhouse rock after the first grade, so you're allusion is lost on me.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:26 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I an only repeat that it's essential to get your book on Amazon. They're the only distribution channel that matters. I'm trying to give you good advice here, but it's your choice whether or not you take it. If you want to sell books, you need two things: an Amazon listing and a sensible price (which $15.99 or even $5.99 is not).

Tags
e. m. dubois, part i, smashwords, the apocalypse chronicles, the savior libra