Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #31
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
*getting my kebab skewers out*

For self defense only! Self defense! Not going to attack anybody ... yet ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #32
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth79 View Post
Wondering how many will be left by the end... that should narrow the field down if it turns into "Ten Little Indians".

.. The butler dunnit!
From the description in the first post (the list of characters) it sounds as though HarryT too will be a late moderator before the holiday is over. The Guard of Moderators grows thinner...

I'd also love to see a "Ten Little Niggers"-development here, but remember -- even though the list of suspects gets shorter, it doesn't necessarily contain the murderer at the end
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #33
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I knew I was feeling threatened - for a very good reason!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #34
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx

We will find out who it was, Pooh! Promise!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #35
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post

We will find out who it was, Pooh! Promise!
Thank you! It was a nightmare! My best friends! Turning on me!

Oh, the lack-of-humanity!

Find & punish the guilty mod!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #36
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Are there some leftovers from the chicken?
Feeling a bit hungry just now
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm starting to get worried! Where am I?

(But at least I didn't eat poohbear_nc. The callous lot!)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
From the rules in the locked thread:

Quote:
Discover the murderer's name and email it to us at wintercontest@mobileread.com before the end of Friday, January 7th to be in with a chance of winning.
By my calculations, the next Friday, January 7th will occur in 2022. Is this a clue, or is MR cheaping out and awarding a clutch of obsolete products in nine years?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #39
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Geez that Jellby is a cold one. I thought Dribs was cold, but Jellby takes the freezer. I'm still hoping Pooh is hiding somewhere and not eaten!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #40
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
poohbear_nc's apparent demise seems a bit suspicious to me. One minute he's warming himself by the fire then Pilotbob has his fall from the roof and suddenly there's a properly plucked and roasted chicken dinner in the microwave. Maybe a whole chicken could cook in a microwave that quickly, but from the description it sounds as if said bird had been properly plucked and prepared before being put in to cook. That doesn't happen in 5 minutes. Plus there are the melted plastic glasses that poohbear_nc wears. Melted plastic has a distinct smell about it, but when the microwave is opened it releases "a huge cloud of fragrant steam" into the kitchen. These facts lead me to think that poohbear nc's apparent demise is a red herring meant to throw suspicion off of his possible involvement. I'll be keeping an eye out for that bird along with Loosheesh. At least til such time as new evidence clears the air a bit.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #41
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

By my calculations, the next Friday, January 7th will occur in 2022. Is this a clue, or is MR cheaping out and awarding a clutch of obsolete products in nine years?
Good catch. The last time January 7th was a Friday was back in 2011.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #42
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Good catch. The last time January 7th was a Friday was back in 2011.
OK - so we "recycle" past announcements - you caught us! We'll fix it shortly.

issybird for catching it.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #43
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

Whoops. I'll fix that. the 7th is correct. Friday isn't.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #44
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
OK - so we "recycle" past announcements - you caught us! We'll fix it shortly.

issybird for catching it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Whoops. I'll fix that. the 7th is correct. Friday isn't.
LOL, thanks for taking it in good part. I couldn't resist.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #45
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Geez that Jellby is a cold one. I thought Dribs was cold, but Jellby takes the freezer. I'm still hoping Pooh is hiding somewhere and not eaten!
There certainly are something special about lawyers. I'm certain that some of the first things they learn in the first term at lawyer-school is to close their eyes to everything. Do you know why lawyers are never attacked by sharks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
poohbear_nc's apparent demise seems a bit suspicious to me. One minute he's warming himself by the fire then Pilotbob has his fall from the roof and suddenly there's a properly plucked and roasted chicken dinner in the microwave.
That's what we call fast food
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase