Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2021, 12:52 AM   #16
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
FYI, I did find one other cool feature with Dropbox. You can drag files into the Kobo Dropbox folder and sync back to the Elipsa. I tried it successfully with both a PDF and ePub document.
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:35 AM   #17
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
My Elipsa should arrive today, and I was wondering if anyone has created a checklist/todo list in a notepad?
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2021, 04:35 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Wow. There were 21 colossal images in the two posts above, which frankly is far more than I’m willing to resize; hence, they’ve been deleted. As cautioned in another thread, there is a limit of 600X600 pixels per image. Please read the guidelines. As Tapatalk is the culprit, perhaps you could use another client to post or else just authomatically thumbnail any image you upload.

I’m sorry. I know a lot of effort went into these posts, but there are limits!
Is there any reason we cannot change the small graphic size limit to something larger like 1024x768?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:57 AM   #19
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmcg9 View Post
FYI, I did find one other cool feature with Dropbox. You can drag files into the Kobo Dropbox folder and sync back to the Elipsa. I tried it successfully with both a PDF and ePub document.
That will be very useful.

I really appreciate the time everyone has spent documenting the Notebook functionality.

Thanks all.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:05 AM   #20
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Elipsa Notebooks Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
My Elipsa should arrive today, and I was wondering if anyone has created a checklist/todo list in a notepad?

There’s no reason one can’t jot a todo list into a simple or advanced notebook much as they would a paper napkin. Did you mean was there todo list support on a software level? Then , no.

At first, I thought that it would be better to do a task list with an advanced notebook because if its automatic smoothing in the diagram blocks. However, there are errors introduced when you add checks. Look at what happened to the poor word “Meeting”.

I expect vector errors like that will be addressed in an update down the road, so in the meantime, I would just use a Simple Notebook to quickly jot down a todo list if I wanted. Like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 06-29-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Cootey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2021, 09:47 AM   #21
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Thanks,
I'll have a play with todo lists.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #22
Cedros
Enthusiast
Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara; Kobo H20v2; Kobo Glo HD;
Thanks for a great review of the Elipsa!

[QUOTE=Cootey;4133789]I’ve been experimenting with the Notebooks on the new Kobo Elipsa. There are pluses and minuses, as you can imagine. I’ll share my thoughts here and invite you to ask questions or post your own observations.

Your review of the Elipsa is really helpful. I'm dithering about placing an order. Being able to mark up a book, add marginalia, is so appealing. But I'm uncertain about the Elipsa's note-taking capability. It's good to know that while there's a lag time, it's possible to get used to it and make compensations. I watched a YouTube review that mentioned the tapping noise the pen makes on the screen as you draw or write. Maybe something else you can get used to.

I'm going to read through your review and comments again, slowly this time!
Cedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:07 PM   #23
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=Cedros;4135309]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I’ve been experimenting with the Notebooks on the new Kobo Elipsa. There are pluses and minuses, as you can imagine. I’ll share my thoughts here and invite you to ask questions or post your own observations.

Your review of the Elipsa is really helpful. I'm dithering about placing an order. Being able to mark up a book, add marginalia, is so appealing. But I'm uncertain about the Elipsa's note-taking capability. It's good to know that while there's a lag time, it's possible to get used to it and make compensations. I watched a YouTube review that mentioned the tapping noise the pen makes on the screen as you draw or write. Maybe something else you can get used to.

I'm going to read through your review and comments again, slowly this time!

Feel free to ask any questions!

I don’t notice the lag, to be honest. And I like the scratchy, tactile sound the stylus makes when writing. It’s due to the fine texture of the screen. Compared to the Apple Pencil and iPad, which I also have, I prefer the tactile resistance compared to sketching on glass. There is a screen cover one can buy for the iPad to provide the same paper feeling, but I prefer to have the Elipsa be a dedicated device for that.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:59 PM   #24
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Thanks to a comment by @salamanderjuice, I learned that the *.nebo notebook files came to be because Kobo licensed the tech from the Nebo notebook company. I installed Nebo on my iPad and I’m sorry to say that the *.nebo files are not compatible. I’m not surprised by that since the iPad/Windows version had support for photo inserts and colors. Also, the iPad version has built in iCloud syncing support, not Dropbox syncing, so if you dreamed of editing the same notebook through a shared Dropbox folder between your iPad and your Elipsa, I am here to bring you disappointing news.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:25 PM   #25
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Just in case anyone has found it already and can save me the time.
I am going to look through my Elipsa to see if I can find where the notebook backgrounds are stored to see if I can add my own.
they might not be stored as graphics, they may be drawn on the screen, but I'll have alook.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:45 AM   #26
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Thanks to a comment by @salamanderjuice, I learned that the *.nebo notebook files came to be because Kobo licensed the tech from the Nebo notebook company. I installed Nebo on my iPad and I’m sorry to say that the *.nebo files are not compatible. I’m not surprised by that since the iPad/Windows version had support for photo inserts and colors. Also, the iPad version has built in iCloud syncing support, not Dropbox syncing, so if you dreamed of editing the same notebook through a shared Dropbox folder between your iPad and your Elipsa, I am here to bring you disappointing news.

Kind of what I expected but also disappointing!
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #27
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
Just in case anyone has found it already and can save me the time.
I am going to look through my Elipsa to see if I can find where the notebook backgrounds are stored to see if I can add my own.
they might not be stored as graphics, they may be drawn on the screen, but I'll have alook.

I haven't found a directory with those templates yet, but it would be cool to be able to customize those. Let us know what you find out,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-04-2021, 06:57 AM   #28
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Does anyone else find that they have to press quite hard to get the stylus to actually write?
Old 07-04-2021, 07:22 AM   #29
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Going to try a new battery as the stylus from my surface works a lot better
Old 07-04-2021, 07:35 AM   #30
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Swapped batteries and the kobo stylus works well again