Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #331
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachboybogart View Post
No. The majority of Insider users are experiencing the same issues. USB "Safely Remove Hardware" is a separate issue being suffered by everyone, without exception. Kobo connectivity problems, same, except for DNSB, who is running from a virtual machine, which means it is somehow bypassing the problem. But he is the only one I know. And the Sleep issue is now fixed with build 14995, released today, but was ubiquitous.
The only issue I've seen the last few builds is that there is no such thing as safely eject for a Kobo. I safely eject, shutdown the flipping VM and then unplug the Kobo. Power the VM back up, connect the Kobo and up pops the error on the drive message. Scan, no errors. This also happens erratically on the physical machine as well running 1607 just often enough to be annoying.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #332
celalselduz
celalselduz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
ok, so I bought a new kobo glo hd just yesterday. When I plug it into my computer to send some books, after installing drivers, when I clicked on its drive E:, windows gave me "please insert disk in drive E:" error. I tried to connect it in 5 different computers, windows 10 and windows 7, still same error. I tried to format it with a disk partition tool, it seemed to fix the drive, and I was able to put some books in device, but after disconnecting it from my pc, the device got bricked, and I had to force a factory reset, and everything turned back to beginning and "please insert disk in drive E:" error came back. Any advice on how to fix this, or should I return this device?
ps: this is my second kobo glo hd device, first one didnt have that kind of a problem.
celalselduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2016, 08:26 PM   #333
beachboybogart
Connoisseur
beachboybogart doesn't litterbeachboybogart doesn't litterbeachboybogart doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura, and older devices lounging in my bookcase.
Insider Build 14959.1000

Yay! Bonus. Build 14959 of Windows (Insider Ring/Hub/Whatever) has given new life to my Kobo. It shows up in File Explorer in the manner it is supposed to. And Calibre instantly recognizes the reader. Let's hope it stays that way...
beachboybogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #334
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Insider Build 14965.1001

With build 14965.1001, the Kobo ereaders I tested showed up in Windows explorer. ADE and Calibre had no issues transferring books/metadata. Only question is why this build is 1001?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:49 AM   #335
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
With build 14965.1001, the Kobo ereaders I tested showed up in Windows explorer. ADE and Calibre had no issues transferring books/metadata. Only question is why this build is 1001?
All Bond fans should know, License to kill your book collection.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #336
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
All Bond fans should know, License to kill your book collection.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:52 PM   #337
vikont
vikont began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Oh, the solution was actually quite easy. Copy everything out of your Kobo, and reformat it in the current Windows installation (quick format is fine). Copy everything back onto it - and you are in business.
vikont is offline   Reply With Quote