Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #61
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
This should work fine - I'll talk to our development team about it.
I am having the same issue.
"All books" and "My books" behave the same as "All books".
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #62
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
It looks like we need to post a new database for 1.8 to help some of these issues people are having. I'll get one loaded today (might be tomorrow) and post the URL when it's ready.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #63
anidel
Zealot

Thanks, in the meanwhile is there a changelog somewhere ?

Btw, I LOVE the fact that I can now read while charging!

Is there a way to switch to "manage library" without having to disconnect and reconnect the kobo?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #64
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
I am having the same issue.
"All books" and "My books" behave the same as "All books".
Hi.

If you have opened all the books in the past they become "My Books". Could that be the issue.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #65
anidel
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi.

If you have opened all the books in the past they become "My Books". Could that be the issue.

Tim
Don't think so, there are many I never opened.
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #66
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Anidel--did you do a factory reset? Is the behaviour of all books vs my books the same after you do this?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #67
anidel
Zealot

Taming, no I didn't do the factory reset.

I can try it now, if you think it may help or wanna check the outcome...
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #68
sophiek
sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Okay- I did a factory reset and started from scratch and it worked perfectly. I synced with the desktop, then authorized the Kobo in ADE and transferred my books. The only books I have that are not pre-loaded were purchased through Kobobooks. My only complaint/observation now is that I have 2 copies of each of my purchased books as a result of using both the desktop and ADE. I know how to get rid of them one at a time, however I have noticed that Kobo desktop books keep the cover art where ADE doesn't necessarily; however ADE numbers the pages based on the entire book whereas Kobo does it by chapter. Does this mean I have to decide which I want most- page count or cover art? I normally use only ADE and not the Kobo desktop so the duplication problem is a one time issue. If I have to choose, I will choose the page numbering.
sophiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #69
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiek View Post
Okay- I did a factory reset and started from scratch and it worked perfectly. ... My only complaint/observation now is that I have 2 copies of each of my purchased books as a result of using both the desktop and ADE. ...Does this mean I have to decide which I want most- page count or cover art? I normally use only ADE and not the Kobo desktop so the duplication problem is a one time issue. If I have to choose, I will choose the page numbering.
Rather than deleting the books one-by-one, you can remove them from the desktop application (rt click on the book) and then sync the reader. That should (if I remember correctly) remove the kepub formatted books from your reader.

As for the covers--it is a Publisher and rights to the cover art issue for ePUBs. I am not sure why kepub books have their covers, given that, but they do.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #70
pejorg2000
pejorg2000 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPenguin View Post
Well it looks like I have encountered an issue, my page looping back does still continue but it isn't the page actually looping. My copy of The Count Of Monte Cristo has every couple paragraphs repeated, a chapter of 40 pages has become 80.
I'm having the same problem with Three Musketeers. (Maybe it doesn't like Dumas?)
pejorg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #71
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
As for the covers--it is a Publisher and rights to the cover art issue for ePUBs. I am not sure why kepub books have their covers, given that, but they do.
Actually I was reading somewhere (don't remember where) that the covers/no covers have to do with where the cover is placed in the epub file. ADE takes the first page of the epub file as the cover (which is why most covers via ADE end up being the title page). kepubs keep the cover because the software will look elsewhere for the cover (e.g. a separate jpeg).

I may have the technical details fuzzy but that seems to explaion why the same book bought from Kobo has cover via the desktop and not via ADE.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #72
sophiek
sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks taming for your patience and help. I now have everything through ADE with no duplicates (sadly I lost most of the cover art). I can now just enjoy my Kobo and get on with reading. All of this talk of Linux, Ubuntu, sqlite, etc is giving me a headache. I just want to load books and read them, which i should now be able to do. Thanks Kobo guys for the update!
sophiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #73
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
I don't know anything about "de"authorizing. During testing, I simply started ADE while my freshly updated kobo was plugged in and it instantly prompted me to authorize the "new" device. Then I dragged all my ADE books to the kobo device in the corner so they all got updated with the new key and they all worked perfectly, every time.
When I finished the upgrade to 1.8 and started ADE it recognized my Kobo as authorized which surprised me because I knew it had to be authorized again. ADE would let me move epubs with DRM to the KOBO but the KOBO locked all the content.

I tried deleting all the content, unauthorizing the Kobo, reauthorizing it, and loading the content with no success (it was still locked) which is why I tried the factory reset after the upgrade. Thankfully that solved the problem.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #74
pejorg2000
pejorg2000 began at the beginning.

After upgrading, books transferred via ADE are not showing up - including one that I transferred after doing the upgrade. I can see that the files are on the Kobo if I look at it in Windows, but they do not show up in the list of books.

Also, the same situation exists with the User Guide. If I try to open it, I get: "User guide not found. Perhaps you have deleted it from your library"
pejorg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #75
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Factory reset the Kobo after you do your install--that will solve most problems. You will then have to reauthorize with ADE. If you do not want duplicates of kepub files (loaded through sync) and ADE files, make sure you clear out your Desktop application before you sync again.