Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #31
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

Sorry for this question - did you remember to specify Manage Librabrary on the kobo after you plugged it in?

If so, send me your .kobo/version file.

Tim
Fair question. Yes, I specified Manage Library because I've been loading up some books that I didn't have on there previously. I'll send you the file shortly.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #32
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Worked golden for me. There should be a note somewhere to ignor your computer when it wants to restart windows. Also at the first try the kobo desktop didnt work but after an unistall and reinstall everything is working great.

thanks kobo and tahnks to the beta testers for all of their help and insight
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #33
JPenguin
Connoisseur
JPenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader, Kobo for Palm Pre
Well it looks like I have encountered an issue, my page looping back does still continue but it isn't the page actually looping. My copy of The Count Of Monte Cristo has every couple paragraphs repeated, a chapter of 40 pages has become 80. I haven't investigated if this occurs with any of the other preloaded books, I don't see it happening with my ePubs (side loaded through Calibre) or some of the free Gutenberg books from the Kobo site (synced through the Kobo App, not side loaded). This has made the book rather frustrating to read so I'll probably take my paper copy for my morning commute even though this is exactly the book I wanted an eReader for (it's 1650 pages long, the Kobo is much more portable!). I'll check other preloaded books tomorrow to see if I can reproduce the issue there too.
JPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #34
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

where is the option to hide the preinstalled books?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #35
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi

Sorry for this question - did you remember to specify Manage Librabrary on the kobo after you plugged it in?

If so, send me your .kobo/version file.

Tim
Sent to your Gmail account.
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #36
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
Sent to your Gmail account.
Got it. That should work fine. If you are a windows user please do the following:

Open a command prompt
cd "c:\Program Files\Calibre2"
calibre-debug.exe -g

That should output messages to the command windows to help me debug the issue. I am upgrading a 1.4 device via the Desktop update right now to see if anything is different in the Desktop update.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #37
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
Display menu. Might want to peruse the user guide for this and many other kobo operating tips.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #38
djloewen
Connoisseur
djloewen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
This should work fine - I'll talk to our development team about it.
A factory reset fixed the problem for me, so I won't be much help troubleshooting the issue. Anyway the rest of the update is fantastic, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
When you're browsing the books on your Kobo, hit "display", then you should see three choices - "all books", "my books", "preloaded books".
djloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #39
baronrus
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Display menu. Might want to peruse the user guide for this and many other kobo operating tips.
good advice.

thanks it worked like a charm and hid only the preloaded books
Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #40
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Quote:
Got it. That should work fine. If you are a windows user please do the following:

Open a command prompt
cd "c:\Program Files\Calibre2"
calibre-debug.exe -g

That should output messages to the command windows to help me debug the issue. I am upgrading a 1.4 device via the Desktop update right now to see if anything is different in the Desktop update.

Tim
I would be interested in seeing the output. I am loading up a new version of Calibre on Windows as we speak as I see an issue with my desktop upgraded version in Calibre that I don't see with the SD Card upgraded device. It may just be related to the things I have done to that particular device but I will check it out as I forget what I fixed between the 0.7.30 release that I have installed and the 0.7.33 release.

Tim
Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #41
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
I would be interested in seeing the output. I am loading up a new version of Calibre on Windows as we speak as I see an issue with my desktop upgraded version in Calibre that I don't see with the SD Card upgraded device. It may just be related to the things I have done to that particular device but I will check it out as I forget what I fixed between the 0.7.30 release that I have installed and the 0.7.33 release.

Tim
Hi

Definitely and issue with my desktop upgraded device and calibre. I have not looked into the code yet but I expect that it only affect Windows users. I will sort it out tomorrow and hopefuly I will have a fix in time for Calibre 0.7.34.

Tim
Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #42
G0AT
Addict

Quote:
Hi

Definitely and issue with my desktop upgraded device and calibre. I have not looked into the code yet but I expect that it only affect Windows users. I will sort it out tomorrow and hopefuly I will have a fix in time for Calibre 0.7.34.

Tim
Definitely an error happening as it attempts to load the preloaded books into calibre when the device is connected. For each preloaded book I see the following, with very minor differences, in the debug outbut:

DEBUG: 4.2 prefix: D:\ lpath: .kobo/kepub/d7192979-a129-4af8-b083-7f6950abd338 title: The Three Musketeers authors: Alexandre Dumas [Pere] mime: application/epub+zip date: 2009-03-25T08:22:44.3 ContentType: 6 ImageID: 7ZRQPdzhvEG1DhQgyV3-yg
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 139, in update_booklist
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 458, in book_from_path
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 379, in metadata_from_path
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 387, in metadata_from_formats
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\meta.py", line 34, in metadata_from_formats
TypeError: list() takes at most 1 argument (2 given)
Old 12-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #43
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Definitely an error happening as it attempts to load the preloaded books into calibre when the device is connected. For each preloaded book I see the following, with very minor differences, in the debug outbut:

DEBUG: 4.2 prefix: D:\ lpath: .kobo/kepub/d7192979-a129-4af8-b083-7f6950abd338 title: The Three Musketeers authors: Alexandre Dumas [Pere] mime: application/epub+zip date: 2009-03-25T08:22:44.3 ContentType: 6 ImageID: 7ZRQPdzhvEG1DhQgyV3-yg
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 139, in update_booklist
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 458, in book_from_path
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 379, in metadata_from_path
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 387, in metadata_from_formats
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\meta.py", line 34, in metadata_from_formats
TypeError: list() takes at most 1 argument (2 given)
Did you update your Library and sync your reader with the desktop after you upgraded by any chance? I did not and I am seeing the issue.

Tim
Old 12-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #44
G0AT
Addict

Quote:
Did you update your Library and sync your reader with the desktop after you upgraded by any chance? I did not and I am seeing the issue.

Tim
That may be it. I'll try that right now. I only installed the desktop to get the firmware update, and haven't used it for anything else.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #45
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
That may be it. I'll try that right now. I only installed the desktop to get the firmware update, and haven't used it for anything else.
I am fairly sure that the syncing process upgrades the database. I would try it on mine but I would like to keep it like this till I confirm that is the issue.

Tim