Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #16
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Hmm, well that is not a good development, as I hide the 100 pre-loaded books.
I went through Calibre and removed Im_Reading from all the books it would let me see (ie. not the preloaded ones), and when I disconnected and turned my device on, the My Books option worked perfectly again. I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, but its fixed.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #17
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sao View Post
I have the same problem Pookeysgirl described when I tried to update my daughter's original Kobo. The error message after the "Found new hardware" popup stating it failed to install the needed software, and the Kobo that just sat there, in update mode, with the update wizard unable to detect it. Bypassing the "found new hardware" screen nets the same result.

Fortunately, resetting the device made the device usable again (with the 1.4 firmware.) I haven't tried my other daughter's Kobo yet. It's bedtime and they want their Kobos, so I'll have to check in here tomorrow after they've gone to school to see if anyone has found a work around.
Change USB ports. I did and it works now...thanks to Viviena's post in the other firmware release thread.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #18
Kobo_Marc
Kobo_Marc began at the beginning.

Help!!!!!

Hello everyone,
I updated to 1.8 ver but my book is all screwy, chapters are not in order, lots of duplicate pages.
I deleted my book from the Kobo desktop software, I re-downloaded the book (epub) from my Kobo account but unable to read from my Kobo ereader.
I get the message: The content you are trying to view is locked.
I can read the book from the ADE software but not on my Kobo ereader.

Please help before I throw this this out the window

Thank you

Marc
Kobo_Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #19
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You have to reauthorize the reader on ADE. As long as you are using the same account that should take care of it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #20
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by djloewen View Post
I've got the new firmware on my reader, and I can no longer hide the 100 preloaded books. I still have the choice of "all books", "my books" or "preloaded books". The third choice just shows the 100 titles, the first two choices show all 130. I have no way of just showing the 30 of my own. Can anyone else confirm this most grievous bug?
This should work fine - I'll talk to our development team about it.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #21
Kobo_Marc
Kobo_Marc began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You have to reauthorize the reader on ADE. As long as you are using the same account that should take care of it.
And how do I do this?
Kobo_Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #22
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Plug your reader in. Open Adobe Digital Editions, it will open a prompt and do it all on its own.

Mark, every time I see your user name and avatar I think you are a kobo staff person. They use the same avatar and some of them have kobo in their user names. Don't be surprised if people ask you lots and lots of questions.

Last edited by taming; 12-14-2010 at 09:55 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #23
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo_Marc View Post
And how do I do this?
Same way you did it the first time.

Plug in your kobo with ADE running. Make sure you set your date correctly on the kobo first.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #24
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by djloewen View Post
I've got the new firmware on my reader, and I can no longer hide the 100 preloaded books. I still have the choice of "all books", "my books" or "preloaded books". The third choice just shows the 100 titles, the first two choices show all 130. I have no way of just showing the 30 of my own. Can anyone else confirm this most grievous bug?
Us beta testers are seeing the "normal" upgrade path for the first time today (we've been working off SD cards). I just forced an update on my kobo from the desktop and can confirm the pre-loaded book hide works just fine. If it's still not working for you, your database may be hosed. Try a factory reset and then re-sync your books from the desktop.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #25
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
I can confirm this. I noticed that in Calibre, all books now show as being in the Im_Reading list, which could be the reason for this. However, I also notice that the preloaded books aren't showing up in Calibre anymore, which means I can't edit this status. Quite annoying.
Which version of Calibre are you using?

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #26
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
hiding preloaded books is working fine for me as well
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #27
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Which version of Calibre are you using?

Tim
Tim,

I'm using the latest version, 0.7.33. I've connected my Kobo several times doing some sideloading and some testing, and preloaded books are not showing up on the "Device" screen. Not a big deal for me, but it is something to look into.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #28
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid View Post
hiding preloaded books is working fine for me as well
Me too

Tim
Old 12-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #29
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Change USB ports. I did and it works now...thanks to Viviena's post in the other firmware release thread.

Wow, I can't believe that actually worked! I snuck into the girls' rooms to get their Kobos because I just had to try this tonight. Thank you!

Now the only question that remains ... can my wireless Kobo also read txt and rtf files? And if not, when will it be able to? I'm off to go test that now.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #30
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
Tim,

I'm using the latest version, 0.7.33. I've connected my Kobo several times doing some sideloading and some testing, and preloaded books are not showing up on the "Device" screen. Not a big deal for me, but it is something to look into.
Hi

Sorry for this question - did you remember to specify Manage Librabrary on the kobo after you plugged it in?

If so, send me your .kobo/version file.

Tim