Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-17-2023, 09:57 AM   #1891
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Interesting: Combining the phrases "random house" and "kindle exclusive" in search: Google

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-17-2023 at 09:59 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:13 AM   #1892
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This probably isn't the right thread for it, but can someone give me a basic summary of how to get the book files for Nook (basically - does it require a physical Nook)? Might as well add another source for books if possible...
Advert
Old 03-17-2023, 10:36 AM   #1893
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
This probably isn't the right thread for it, but can someone give me a basic summary of how to get the book files for Nook (basically - does it require a physical Nook)? Might as well add another source for books if possible...
No, it doesn't require a physical Nook. Just the Nook App from the Windows store. Liberation requires Calibre 5.x and above and the newest version of the regular plugin.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:40 AM   #1894
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Easiest way is the Windows Nook app (Microsoft store). Alternatively a rooted Android device with the Nook app (or emulator) or a rooted Nook.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:44 AM   #1895
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Thanks. I think I can figure out the rest from there.
Advert
Old 03-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #1896
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I don't think the Windows app is available in Canada; it wasn't in the search and when I searched it and opened the link directly in app there's no option for download.

EDIT: I figured it out. See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...27#post4307027

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-17-2023 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2023, 12:32 AM   #1897
KingMaster80
KingMaster80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello guys, for Kindle Unlimited users, don't have any solution for now? I can't download and transfer for USB more, I find a way to download the ebook, but the DeDMR/noDRM plugin can't convert.
KingMaster80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:00 AM   #1898
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMaster80 View Post
Hello guys, for Kindle Unlimited users, don't have any solution for now? I can't download and transfer for USB more, I find a way to download the ebook, but the DeDMR/noDRM plugin can't convert.
There is solution: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4299474
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:12 AM   #1899
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
This seems like a good time to mention again that if you copy a book borrowed using Kindle Unlimited and read it on something other than a Kindle app or device registered to your Amazon account then the author of the book won't be paid.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:59 PM   #1900
Patitapetit
Connoisseur
Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle e Ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Or use Kindle Touch or Kindle Keyboard
Patitapetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:27 PM   #1901
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
A recent article with info I didn't know about Amzn/KU:

https://torrentfreak.com/amazon-remo...-sites-230206/
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:32 PM   #1902
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
A recent article with info I didn't know about Amzn/KU:

https://torrentfreak.com/amazon-remo...-sites-230206/
I've heard that one before. It's not a new phenomenon. And it appears Amazon is still doing it.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:08 PM   #1903
SnackApp
SnackApp began at the beginning.

Device: none
after you dedrm a kindle title, do they have any personal identifying information in the metadata still or personal watermark info? how do I go about removing that if so?
SnackApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:28 PM   #1904
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackApp View Post
after you dedrm a kindle title, do they have any personal identifying information in the metadata still or personal watermark info? how do I go about removing that if so?
One wonders why it matters, since of course you're only dedrming a Kindle title to device-switch for your own use.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:23 PM   #1905
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
One wonders why it matters, since of course you're only dedrming a Kindle title to device-switch for your own use.
Nice to know that I am not the only possessor of a nasty suspicious mind.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote