Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2021, 05:32 AM   #1
FrederickCaleb
FrederickCaleb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Have Amazon changed their DRM??

I replaced my Kindle a few months ago, and have configured the Apprentice Alf plugin with the new serial number. I have just bought some books from Amazon for the first time since I got the new Kindle and downloaded them as AZW3, and then did what I normally do -- added them to my Calibre library and tried to convert them to EPUB so I can read them on my phone as well. The conversion failed with a "locked by DRM" error message.

I'm using Calibre 4.15 (pending a new version of the DeDRM plugin) and DeDRM 6.6.0. I download a DRMed book from elsewhere and I can convert it, and I've double-checked the Kindle serial number (cut & pasted it from Amazon). Can anyone tell me what I should do to fix this?
FrederickCaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:35 AM   #2
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Go here: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools/issues
Create a new issue. Provide sample files.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2021, 07:03 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Go here: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools/issues
Create a new issue. Provide sample files.
No. Do not report an issue.You cannot report an issue when you are not using the correct version of Calibre or the correct version of DeDRM.

@FrederickCaleb should be running Calibre 4.23 with DeDRM 6.8.1. Then make sure it's properly configured. If there is still a problem, do not report it on Github. Go to the comment section of Apprentice Alf's blog and post a log and ask for help. There are a number of helpful people there.

If KFX is the format trying to have DRM removed, then that would be the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:40 PM   #4
FrederickCaleb
FrederickCaleb began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederickCaleb View Post
I replaced my Kindle a few months ago, and have configured the Apprentice Alf plugin with the new serial number. I have just bought some books from Amazon for the first time since I got the new Kindle and downloaded them as AZW3, and then did what I normally do -- added them to my Calibre library and tried to convert them to EPUB so I can read them on my phone as well. The conversion failed with a "locked by DRM" error message.usps tracking showbox speed test

I'm using Calibre 4.15 (pending a new version of the DeDRM plugin) and DeDRM 6.6.0. I download a DRMed book from elsewhere and I can convert it, and I've double-checked the Kindle serial number (cut & pasted it from Amazon). Can anyone tell me what I should do to fix this?
issue got solvedd
FrederickCaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:43 PM   #5
Dalby
Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dalby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG & Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederickCaleb View Post
issue got solvedd
Can you tell how please?
Dalby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2023, 03:57 AM   #6
hydin
Connoisseur
hydin doesn't litterhydin doesn't litter

Device: Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight 3
Same, any help is appreciated. Discovered today that some of the books I bought can't be dloaded by the old kindle for pc and it asks for an upgrade. I'm kinda back at square one with having the tools but no idea what versions of them I need to track down.
hydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:48 AM   #7
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@hydin, see this thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=351285
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote