Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@DiapDealer: editor/text.py

@Toxaris: I linked you to whatwg.org -- the "official" html 5 spec. w3schools is just a random site on the internet. Choose whom you wish to trust.
The html5 is different yet. It does require the doctype but does not want any links to any dtd. I put DOCTYPE in our wiki to help with this. But of course html 5 is really ePub 3, not 2.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:36 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@DiapDealer: I have refactored the workaround into its own class, it should be trivial to port now: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...a6d0307679b3dd
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@DiapDealer: I have refactored the workaround into its own class, it should be trivial to port now: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...a6d0307679b3dd
Maybe trivial if I were more proficient at C++. I'm still fairly daunted by Sigil's codebase at the moment.

But I appreciate the help. Experimenting is the only way I might be able to figure it out (and possibly contribute).

Thanks again!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:39 AM   #19
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
As far as the comments on the css, I would guess your source grouped the styles according to where they are used -- i.e. the "Title Page only CSS" will apply anywhere that class is used, but it is only being used (theoretically) in the title page. And same goes for the ToC only css.

In other words, it is a suggestion that those styles should be used exclusively for formatting the title page. Some non-DRM'ed books I've gotten do similar things in the stylesheet. Personally, I would think there is greater clarity (and safety) in making three stylesheets, then linking each one where they belong, but who says life has to make sense?
Thanks eschwartz. I like your explanation about the CSS. Personally I think it would just be easier too to just leave the comments off. Then whatever the CSS class it applies to it applies to. And that's that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

If, however (for the O.P.), your source does not make use of any non-breaking space characters (which it seems like it doesn't), 0.7.2 isn't going to cause you any issues in that regard. Your nbsp entities are safe.
Thanks Diap. Appreciate it.

And enjoyed the entire discussion.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote