Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
K3 High temperature while charging (3 hours from now)

Hello guys!

I've received my K3 today at 11:30 local time. After opening it I've put to charge and it is doing it since then (about 3 hours)...

No green led yet, and it is hot. The charger is hot, but the kindle is hotter. Not enough to not be touchable but the temperature around left mid back is high. I've put without cover in a wood table and after that I've put it over its edges to allow air circulate...

I know some batteries raise its temperature while first charge, but I'm a little bit preoccupy abut the continuous high temperature...

Any repros?
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
First, you lucky dawg you....(mine is on truck for delivery)...

Second, a lot of devices have a charge "shut down" that when the device gets too hot, it will stop charging.

Boy...first report of Kindle 3 in hand and heating may be an issue...I hope this is just a fluke...maybe it was so low on charge it's taking longer than is usually will.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I think I read full charge from empty takes 4 hours.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, it seem an issue, because I've retired the charger (@French has reminded me what happens when battery goes hot) and the orange led has remain orange until I've reseted the device from menu.

Battery bar was abut 80% and now I've put to charge other time.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

In this second charge Kindle is only a little bit warm.
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
rfog
Guru

And now is green.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
rfog
Guru

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Charge light remains on after retire charger and Kindle thinks it is charging.