Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
camokatu
camokatu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre rocks!

Just wanted to say that Calibre totally rocks. How much? I wrote it here: http://akravets.blogspot.com/2009/04...to-rescue.html.

I was thinking of creating an Eclipse RCP application for converting eBooks. Why? I just want to try doing it as Eclipse Plugin that someone might reuse in something else. So, how do I go about getting libraries/jars to do the conversion? Can someone suggest Java libraries perhaps, source code or anything else that I can reuse.

thanks!
Alex

Last edited by camokatu; 05-13-2009 at 02:15 PM.
camokatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by camokatu
So, how do I go about getting libraries/jars to do the conversion?
The way Calibre handles conversion (in the upcoming 0.6 series) is to convert an input format into an OEB book (epub not zipped). Then the OEB book is turned into the output format. So input plugins just have to convert from the input type to OEB and output just has to convert from OEB to the output type.

As for some jars/java source that might help you. http://code.google.com/p/epub-tools/ is a number of java classes that aid in generating epub files. It also supports conversion from a limited number of formats. http://gutenpalm.sourceforge.net/ has some java classes for the ztxt pdb file format.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert