Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #136
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
You are relentless, but I have willpower!
true, but you are also refreshingly open-minded ! so i am confident the superior firefox will triumph in the end. even if it is only your secondary browser (that's better than nothing. after all, the road to enlightenment begins with the first step. ).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #137
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
true, but you are also refreshingly open-minded ! so i am confident the superior firefox will triumph in the end. even if it is only your secondary browser (that's better than nothing. after all, the road to enlightenment begins with the first step. ).
Change a couple of words in this post and it could have been posted in the ongoing discussion on religion.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #138
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Change a couple of words in this post and it could have been posted in the ongoing discussion on religion.
the Webstandards consortium is my church, and valid code my holy grail !! angels sing everytime firefox is launched anywhere in the world, and everytime someone uses IE a fairy dies !!!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #139
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the Webstandards consortium is my church, and valid code my holy grail !! angels sing everytime firefox is launched anywhere in the world, and everytime someone uses IE a fairy dies !!!
Sounds like a cult to me, I would be wary.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #140
zelda_pinwheel

a cult ? nobody's asking for your money. and no kool-aid anywhere, i promise.
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #141
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I cleared my cache, and browsing yesterday was fine, but the jumpiness is back today. Different ads served, I guess.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #142
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
OS wars and browser wars usually attract much more vitriole than religious ones...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #143
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

I caved...

Due to repeated suggestions, from QZ and others, I am now running full Firefox application and therefore not getting any more repositioning problems.

This problem is now moot to me, unless I find that Firefox doesn't suit my needs or likes, and I revert back to IE.

Please continue to seek a solution for others using IE.

Thanks. WDE.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #144
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Is there any way other than installing Firefox to turn OFF the View First Unread? This is an annoying feature, especially as it invariably goes to the Quick Reply box -- even if I haven't read any messages in the thread. I do not plan to install Firefox, so I would like to have a method of stopping this problem under IE. Thanks.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #145
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Is there any way other than installing Firefox to turn OFF the View First Unread? This is an annoying feature, especially as it invariably goes to the Quick Reply box -- even if I haven't read any messages in the thread. I do not plan to install Firefox, so I would like to have a method of stopping this problem under IE. Thanks.
If you click on the thread topic title rather than the blue arrow it goes to the top of the thread.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #146
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Those of you who are using IE (or another browser) and also experienced the problem described here - do you see any improvement now after we did a few changes?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #147
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Those of you who are using IE (or another browser) and also experienced the problem described here - do you see any improvement now after we did a few changes?
I think I have.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #148
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think I have.
Now, that would make my day. It's likely that the analytics code was causing the problem; I am still waiting for feedback from Google regarding the ads.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #149
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Now, that would make my day. It's likely that the analytics code was causing the problem; I am still waiting for feedback from Google regarding the ads.
The problem is I'm not paying attention. Let me browse for a while and get back to you.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #150
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Working like a charm Alex. Fast and furious and no bad repositioning. What happend to the ads?
*edit* sorry, didn't see the link, just went and saw what you're doing. Thanks WDE.