Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #2056
Scot
Scot began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, TouchPad, iPad2
Thanks rty. Looks great. As for the cover image, i was thinking something like this.
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2814/cbc.png

I tried to find the code to insert it myself, but even in the tutorials on calibres website, but i couldnt see it. Also seems weird calibre cant process more than one source per digital newspaper. You would think a lot of people would want to roll their own custom papers with their fav. comics, and editorials + reliable news sources.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #2057
rty
Zealot
rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle DXG, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Thanks rty. Looks great. As for the cover image, i was thinking something like this.
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2814/cbc.png

I tried to find the code to insert it myself, but even in the tutorials on calibres website, but i couldnt see it. Also seems weird calibre cant process more than one source per digital newspaper. You would think a lot of people would want to roll their own custom papers with their fav. comics, and editorials + reliable news sources.
Here it is. (See attached zip file) I modified it a bit to pick up the logo you provided.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CBCNews Canada.zip (641 Bytes, 170 views)
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #2058
rty
Zealot
rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
For some reasons, it works now. Please see the attached ZIP file. There are 2 recipes inside. The extra recipe is for one with Winnipeg 7-Day Weather Forecast as you requested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CBCNews Canada.zip (1.3 KB, 150 views)
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #2059
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New recipe for Haaretz - Israel newspaper in English:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Haaretz.zip (2.1 KB, 151 views)
Old 06-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #2060
Ken Guenther
Ken Guenther began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Our Daily Bread

This particular news feed recipe is broken. All it generates is just a table of contents. Could it be fixed, please?
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #2061
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Fixed recipe will be included in the next release of calibre. If you can not wait get the updated recipe here:

http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/5742
Old 06-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #2062
taliesin1077
taliesin1077 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Gizmodo works awesomely now, thank you.

With MaximumPC tossing out some Calibre love, I'm surprised that I can't find a MaximumPC recipe. Has anyone had any success in doing this? Or is it in the defaults, and I'm just missing it?

Looks like a basic Custom RSS Feed add will get me the articles, but they have all the added nav cruft. The print page uses a special code that I can find in the source of the article, but haven't the foggiest notion of how to get that into the print URL. In short, I've tried the basic stuff, but it's ugly. Functional for now.

If someone wants to fiddle with it, the web address is http://www.maximumpc.com.

This is a link to all their RSS feeds:
http://www.maximumpc.com/rss_feeds

I'd love to have a purty recipe for this, but it's beyond my abilities.

Last edited by taliesin1077; 06-07-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: added my fumblings to my post.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #2063
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rty View Post
For some reasons, it works now. Please see the attached ZIP file. There are 2 recipes inside. The extra recipe is for one with Winnipeg 7-Day Weather Forecast as you requested.
How do you get Calibre to see the new recipe? I have added it to the recipes folder but that doesn't do anything.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #2064
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Sadly, the Honolulu Advertiser was bought by the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. The new paper is called the Star Advertiser at www.staradvertiser.com.

Any chance of a new recipe? And the old ones are no longer valid...
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #2065
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverJ View Post
How do you get Calibre to see the new recipe? I have added it to the recipes folder but that doesn't do anything.
Fetch News - click the small triangle to the right of that button, then choose Add a Custom news Source, then choose Load Recipe from file.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #2066
RLynker
RLynker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 and Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
MaxPC

I had the exact same issues when I tried to modify a recipe to use for MaximumPC. I have asked for it a couple of times here. I know these guys are pretty busy. At some point I will sit down and figure out how these recipes work so I can help. If I get one for MaxPC, you'll be the first to know.

-Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesin1077 View Post
Looks like a basic Custom RSS Feed add will get me the articles, but they have all the added nav cruft. The print page uses a special code that I can find in the source of the article, but haven't the foggiest notion of how to get that into the print URL. In short, I've tried the basic stuff, but it's ugly. Functional for now.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #2067
rty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLynker View Post
I had the exact same issues when I tried to modify a recipe to use for MaximumPC. I have asked for it a couple of times here. I know these guys are pretty busy. At some point I will sit down and figure out how these recipes work so I can help. If I get one for MaxPC, you'll be the first to know.

-Roger
Here's my humble quick and dirty attempt on MaximumPC. It's far from perfect , for example, it can't handle articles that span multiple pages, etc but... I am still learning as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MaximumPC.zip (641 Bytes, 156 views)
Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #2068
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Fetch News - click the small triangle to the right of that button, then choose Add a Custom news Source, then choose Load Recipe from file.
Too easy. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #2069
RLynker
RLynker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 and Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
MaxPC

rty: That looks pretty good. I'll take a look at your code. Maybe I can learn something as well. Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Here's my humble quick and dirty attempt on MaximumPC. It's far from perfect , for example, it can't handle articles that span multiple pages, etc but... I am still learning as well.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #2070
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
If you want help on multipage, search in this thread, then feel free to ask. Learning to do a multipage recipe is lots of fun. Print article methods are easier, but you learn less. Start here for multipage.
Closed Thread