Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
deddajay
Cynical Pragmatist
deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1 & PW2, Samsung Tab S7+
Question Saving to Disc

I'm trying to save books to disc in txt format so that they can be read on a braille reader. I've managed to work out how to change the file name to include the series name and number, but the book title is stumping me. If it starts with A or The this ends up at the end of the tilte, for example Curse Of The Pharaohs, The.

I've created a composite column called Save to Disc, which gives me exactly what I want e.g. Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody - 002 - The Curse Of The Pharaohs. My save to disc template is set as {#save}, which is the name given to my composite column in templates. In theory, this should pick up everything in my composite column and in fact does, except I end up with the file being named as Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody - 002 - Curse Of The Pharaohs, The.txt.

What am I missing in order to get the title to keep the The or A at the beginning and not add it to the end following a comma? Any help would be much appreciated, expecially if it could be simple as I'm not very good with the syntax on these templates and find them quite hard to understand without a lot of trial and error.

Many thanks
Deddajay
deddajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deddajay View Post
I'm trying to save books to disc in txt format so that they can be read on a braille reader. I've managed to work out how to change the file name to include the series name and number, but the book title is stumping me. If it starts with A or The this ends up at the end of the tilte, for example Curse Of The Pharaohs, The.

I've created a composite column called Save to Disc, which gives me exactly what I want e.g. Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody - 002 - The Curse Of The Pharaohs. My save to disc template is set as {#save}, which is the name given to my composite column in templates. In theory, this should pick up everything in my composite column and in fact does, except I end up with the file being named as Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody - 002 - Curse Of The Pharaohs, The.txt.

What am I missing in order to get the title to keep the The or A at the beginning and not add it to the end following a comma? Any help would be much appreciated, expecially if it could be simple as I'm not very good with the syntax on these templates and find them quite hard to understand without a lot of trial and error.

Many thanks
Deddajay
It is an (Advanced Preference) Tweak:
See: Control formatting of title and series when used in templates
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
deddajay
Cynical Pragmatist
deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1 & PW2, Samsung Tab S7+
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is an (Advanced Preference) Tweak:
See: Control formatting of title and series when used in templates
Many thanks, now sorted. Seems I still have a lot to learn about Calibre and it's powerful features.

Cheers
Deddajay
deddajay is offline   Reply With Quote