Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
eggshell
eggshell began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek LIBRE Color eBook Reader
Chinese support on Aluratek libre color eBook Reader

Hi,

Just bought the Aluratek libre color eBook Reader, it can show Chinese characters in file name and the preview content of last reading showed on the top of window when starting the device. It seems this device supports the Chinese character. However, when entering the eBook, it always shows the question mark. Anyone knows how to enable it to display Chinese eBooks?

Thanks
eggshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
quebeckerin
Enthusiast
quebeckerin doesn't litterquebeckerin doesn't litterquebeckerin doesn't litter

Device: libre
If you have Open Office, you can paste your article in it, then choose 'export as PDF." The PDf file should then display properly, with reflow and font size changes all working properly. It did for me, anyway.
quebeckerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I don't know how much the new "Aluratek libre color eBook Reader" which is a 7" media
player, not the Libre that is the same hardware as the Ectaco Jetbook, fits into this
forum? Asking questions here is not especially conductive to good results. The posters
here aren't likely to have any experience with that device, and could easily reply thinking
you were talking about the Libre Pro which shares the same hardware as the Jetbook.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #4
quebeckerin
Enthusiast
quebeckerin doesn't litterquebeckerin doesn't litterquebeckerin doesn't litter

Device: libre
You're right, Ken. I thought his device was the same as mine. Maybe the same solution will work, though.
quebeckerin is offline   Reply With Quote