Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Bluetooth Keyboard

For those shopping for a Bluetooth keyboard to use with their Honeycomb tablet, the Motorola keyboard that is meant as an accessory for the Xoom works great with my Galaxy Tab 10.1.

The keyboard is an HID profile device, so it should work with most anything that supports a Bluetooth HID keyboard. It doesn't work with my phone without an additional app, which I haven't tried yet.

Synopsis:
Chicklet keys with full sized key spacing, not netbook spacing.
Well made.
Does not slide around the table or flex when typing.
Two AA alkalines
Very responsive, even when keyboard is sleeping.
Four Andoid keys (home, back, search, menu).
Multimedia keys.
Alt-arrow keys for cursor Home, End, top of page, end of page.
Maybe other combinations I haven't discovered yet.

I considered the Logitech keyboard, but went with the Motorola as it has a separate function key row above the numbers.

The Motorola has no separate stand like the Logitech. I don't need one, as I have the Samsung flip case.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Thanks for the review. Do you have a model number or better yet a link to the actual product?
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonamunda View Post
dont have idea
Huh? What is it you are trying to say?

Joe
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
jgray
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Thanks for the review. Do you have a model number or better yet a link to the actual product?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Motorola...etoo&cp=1&lp=6

Joe
Old 07-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Wow, that's a $70 keyboard. Too rich for my blood, but I hope it works really great :-)
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
jgray
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolina View Post
Wow, that's a $70 keyboard. Too rich for my blood, but I hope it works really great :-)
The less expensive bluetooth keyboards that I could find were tiny and not full sized. The Logitech Bluetooth keyboard is also $70.

If you think these prices are bad, be glad you don't have to pay the Apple tax. The Logitech keyboard for the iPad is $100. Two very similar keyboards from the same manufacturer. Hmm, I can't think of any valid reason one should cost $30 more than the other.

I probably wouldn't have bought this keyboard at this time, but I had a $50 gift card. I don't know how often I'll be using it, but it sure is nice typing on a real keyboard vs the onscreen keyboard.

Onscreen keyboards like Swype and Thumb Keyboard are fine for small amounts of text, and I can even do a fair job of touch typing with the default onscreen keyboard (in landscape). For real text entry, the physical keyboard is not only more familiar and faster, but you also don't have half your screen being used up.

Joe
Old 08-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolina View Post
The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer keyboard is more than twice as much.
(It's more than just a keyboard though.)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote