Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #1
lucthomas
lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony T3
Lightbulb Kobo Discount: 60% off (Entire Kobo website)

Hi everyone,

I just found out if you switch your kobo billing address to Taiwan, then you will be able to apply Kobo taiwan coupon to the entire kobo website.

Usually Kobo coupon can only apply for "selected books", however, with this method, you will be able to use coupon without any limit.

https://www.kobo.com/tw/zh

The coupon code: TIBE2017 and valid until Feb.12.2017 (tw time)

For Taiwanese address, I just input a hotel address from Taipei. But I am still able to check out with my US visa.

Last edited by lucthomas; 02-10-2017 at 04:25 PM.
lucthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucthomas View Post
Hi everyone,

I just found out if you switch your kobo billing address to Taiwan, then you will be able to apply Kobo taiwan coupon to the entire kobo website.

Usually Kobo coupon can only apply for "selected books", however, with this method, you will be able to use coupon without any limit.

https://www.kobo.com/tw/zh

The coupon code: TIBE2017 and valid until Feb.12.2017 (tw time)

For Taiwanese address, I just input a hotel address from Taipei. But I am still able to check out with my US visa.
Welcome to posting. You've got real advanced knowledge of the "tricks of the trade" to be a newbie!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #3
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucthomas View Post
This may be a hint as to where you should take your next vacation.

Taiwan is Life + 50, so you can legally fill your eReader with many eBooks for free there that should not be downloaded in the US or UK.

This isn't self-promotion -- I just like Taiwan
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Wow, the code worked. Thank you!
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:16 AM   #5
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I was able to use the coupon too, without any hassle. It felt a bit like the old days, and Kobo got more money out of me than they have in quite a while.

I picked up several boxed sets/omnibuses/collections - with the 60% coupon added on top of the savings that are usually (although not always) built into the price of box sets, I was able to get a bunch of books quite inexpensively!

(and karma) to the OP!!!

P.S. If you want to try this coupon out on some boxed sets, there is a thread that is sporadically updated with lots of info on boxed sets, precisely for potential use with high-value Kobo coupons. Many of the box sets are only available abroad (i.e. not US, usually not UK). See this link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=228358
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #6
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
*sigh* I tried to resist, but in the end, I couldn't. And so I signed up for yet another email account to get a new Kobo account in a new country. I miss the old days of multi-use codes.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
*sigh* I tried to resist, but in the end, I couldn't. And so I signed up for yet another email account to get a new Kobo account in a new country. I miss the old days of multi-use codes.
No need to get a new account. Just remove the payment card from your account and move country!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
No need to get a new account. Just remove the payment card from your account and move country!
Using a tow-truck?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #9
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I wondered if I could do that, but I didn't know whether or not I'd be able to access the books I'd purchased in the original country. Not that I don't have all my ebooks backed up on three different hard drives as well as on my current computer, but...you never know.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote