Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #76
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Lawl... I've been carrying a (messenger) bag for... like... uh... 20 years now?

No-one ever said anything strange or disparaging about it.
I can only say that either Netherlanders are more accepting people than Texans or at least your friends/family/coworkers aren't as jerky as mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I've become so used to carrying it that I always experience a moment of anxiety when I don't have it with me. The moment I step off of a train or bus, or leave somewhere and I don't have that bag, I always go: "Damn, forgot my bag," before I remember leaving it at home.
I solved that problem by never leaving it at home

I even take it to the ballet or opera, though I have been talked into leaving it in the trunk of the car a few times.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #77
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I can only say that either Netherlanders are more accepting people than Texans or at least your friends/family/coworkers aren't as jerky as mine

I even take it to the ballet or opera, though I have been talked into leaving it in the trunk of the car a few times.

Do you take your hat to the opera, too? You know, the one in your avatar.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #78
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
What I want to talk about is how I acquired a few hundred books yet have nothing I want to read today.
How about the question of 'how many ebooks can use the same electron before the electron is worn out?'
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #79
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:

I carry a backpack where ever I go. It helps me keep things like my glucometer, glucose tablets, and something to snack on (if I have a hypoglycemic incident) nearby. No one has yet said anything about it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:52 PM   #80
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Do you take your hat to the opera, too? You know, the one in your avatar.
Of course I do. I had people who claimed to be authorities ask me to take it off, but they wouldn't show me their stinkin' badges.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2016, 09:17 PM   #81
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Of course I do. I had people who claimed to be authorities ask me to take it off, but they wouldn't show me their stinkin' badges.

And a handsome hat it is, too! Although the face underneath it appears to be somewhat troubled, as if experiencing some sort of gastrointestinal distress.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #82
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Well, when's the next sale?

After purses and hats, the only thing left to talk about is the scarcity of buffalo nickels, which would be a strange subject indeed.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:45 PM   #83
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
No badges, no authority
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:50 PM   #84
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
And a handsome hat it is, too! Although the face underneath it appears to be somewhat troubled, as if experiencing some sort of gastrointestinal distress.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

An ailment not unknown to cowboys

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:42 AM   #85
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I personally never noticed those things when I still went by public transport. I always had a book in front of my eyes
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:01 AM   #86
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
An ailment not unknown to cowboys