Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 02:03 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
reading and moving

I have wanted to start this thread for some time now...so right now, sitting in my car waiting for the sun to rise or at least a bit of daylight to show, I thought let's do this.

Are you a walker, a hiker, a cyclist, a runner, a triathlon fan, an ultra runner ? And a reader ? What do you read, what is your activity plan for today ?

Let's share !!!!

I started running again in August, I run 4 times a week preparing for a 10k race right now. Today is an easy jog planned (as soon as I'll be able to see the road, I'll be out of this damn car).
And right now I am into easy reading too, so reading the Anne Perry's Pitt Series, am at book 7.

What are you going to read today, and which activity is planned ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm a walker ... that has to compromise plans when the weather turns unpleasant. To counteract my sitting so much whilst reading, I have acquired an exercise cycle to use while reading

https://www.amazon.com/MagneTrainer-...ycle+for+chair

It's smooth, quiet, and keeps the blood flowing.

N.B. Cats hate it - they can't snooze on a moving lap.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'm a walker ... that has to compromise plans when the weather turns unpleasant. To counteract my sitting so much whilst reading, I have acquired an exercise cycle to use while reading.
Or almost ditto.

Right now it's 2°F and it won't get much warmer. I may not even make it to the mailbox. No walks for me. I prefer to walk; I like fresh air, but that's the reason for my exercise bike. Winter is long, cold, dark (no after dinner walk) and the roads are treacherous.

I have a basic fitbit as a goad for days I feel lazy. So I cheat when it comes to the exercise bike. If I clip the fitbit to my pants leg or shoe, each downstroke with that leg counts as a step. It takes longer to ratchet up the steps that way, but that's not altogether bad.

I don't read when I'm on my bike, though; as when I walk, I listen to audiobooks. The right book can keep me moving much longer. This is especially true for swimming; as near as possible I have a daily swim in the summer, but swimming can get tedious. My waterproof mp3 player is one of my favorite gadgets. A life-changer.

Oh, and to answer your other question, my current audiobook is The Handmaid's Tale, this month's selection for the MR book club.

Last edited by issybird; 12-16-2016 at 09:59 AM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I prefer not to read while moving. It cuts down on the bumps and bruises.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:01 AM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'm also a pavement hiker as long as the weather permits. My preferred time for walking is in the 11:00 PM to 3:00 AM time frame. Or at least it was, when I had my German shepherd. Most of the streets around here do not have streetlights and there's nothing quite like walking in complete darkness. Unfortunately, we have black bears around here -- a couple of months ago I encountered one in the neighbors' back yard -- and I wouldn't want to walk up to one in the dark.

I also have a stationary bike in the basement that helps take up the slack, and I'm happy to read while I'm pedaling away on it.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I used to be a steady runner, then injured myself and walked/hiked instead. I missed running, but I did enjoy walking a lot. It just so seems that I cannot do both (I don't mean at the same time, duh ). If I am in a runner rut, I run and that's it. If not, I hike, which is a great exercise too but I do miss the endorphine I get only from running.

I live on the side of a mountain so running around is not easy, a lot of my neighbours walk. I drive to a flatter area (I know, it kind of defeats the purpose...) or use my treadmill. No bears in my area .

I never ever could get used to the stationary bike, nor the elliptical. A lot of my friends love the elliptical though. At least on a bike, you can read, but on an elliptical... ??? !!! ????

Anyhow, tomorrow I should run a long run (1h) but as it will rain, as in pour, (not cold but torrential rains), it will probably be on the treadmill and that'll be hard because I get bored on it after 20 minutes, so 60 is going to be a challenge.... Audiobooks is a great idea issy, thanks for mentioning that !

Last edited by aceflor; 12-17-2016 at 12:51 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote