Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
most likely you miss kindlegen, download and copy the executable into /usr/bin
I'm windows's user, so can you tell me where is /usr/bin
Tushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #62
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushin View Post
I'm windows's user, so can you tell me where is /usr/bin
Put it inside KCC directory.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #63
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Thumbs up 2.8 release!

Ladies and gentlemen, just within the first 10 days from new Pope election, nuntio vobis the release of KCC 2.8!
Mainly thanks to the hard work of AcidWeb you can now find:
  • updated rarfile library
  • Panel View support + HQ support (#36)
  • Rewrite of Landscape Mode support (huge readability improvement for KPW)
  • Upscale use now BILINEAR method
  • Added generic CSS file
  • Optimized archive extraction for zip/rar files (#40)
Enjoy incoming spring!

Last edited by ciromattia; 03-21-2013 at 05:22 AM.
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #64
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AWKCC 1.5 was released too :-)
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #65
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Am I right in saying that comics created using this app can only use the 4 panel view (one for each corner)?

Is it possible to create true panel view comics yourself?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #66
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yes. Most of profiles use Virtual Panel View that generate 4 panels. Rest of them use real Panel View to emulate Virtual one. Of couse both maintain proper reading order.

It is possible to create 100% real panel-by-panel Panel View but that would require declaring every panel manually. On every page.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #67
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
It is possible to create 100% real panel-by-panel Panel View but that would require declaring every panel manually. On every page.
it means you have to write down the HTML for each page accordingly.
We did some work with automatic scripts like snipstrip and comicstrip, but they have serious flaws with most of mangas as they'd likely fail when strips are not square or the page layout is not regular, so for now we gave up, "standard" and well-built Panel View is a great step, though
Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #68
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Something weird with images in landscape mode

Quote:
AWKCC 1.5 was released too :-)
First at all, I apologize for my english. You have made a great work, a really excellent work making possible to have four panels view of a page. But it happens something weird when the images to be displayed are rotated (landscape mode). The panels, instead of being showed (not manga mode) in the 1-2-3-4 order (first, the top-left panel, fourth, the bottom-right panel), are displayed in the 3-4-1-2 order (that is, the first panel to be showed is the top-right one, then the bottom-right one and so on). I attached an example file in order that you are able to understand better what I want to say.

Many thanks in advance for anything you can do to solve this issue.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Patoruzú N°270 - Extraño Service.mobi (375.5 KB, 825 views)
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #69
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Kindle Non-Touch don't have landscape mode.

Original images are already rotated or KCC is doing that?

Images might be rotated but for Kindle content is still considered vertical. That is reason why panels work strange. It is not really a bug more like limitation of Kindle Non-Touch firmware.

I will add option to add landscape-like panels for horizontal comics in next KCC release.
But that will help only when entire comic use horizontal images.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #70
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

I add that IMVHO PanelView (which is actually a basic magnification) has been added to overcome the need for turning device portait-landscape-portrait when reading a single comic, so it's quite pointless having mixed orientation pages into the same mobi.
You should try with page splitting OR disable landscape - since landscape gives you the same PV magnification.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #71
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I was planing to tell him about page splitting after receiving response on my question :-P

You can't disable landscape. In this case there are two possible solutions.
  • If original images are rotated - Rotate them 90 degrees clockwise and let KCC split them.
  • Disable Rotate images option if it is on and let KCC split them.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-21-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #72
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Kindle Non-Touch don't have landscape mode.

Original images are already rotated or KCC is doing that?

Images might be rotated but for Kindle content is still considered vertical. That is reason why panels work strange. It is not really a bug more like limitation of Kindle Non-Touch firmware.
Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Yes, I understand you, is like you say. When I build the .mobi file with your program, I enable the "Rotate Image" option; so when I open the .mobi file in Kindle, this one is displayed in lanscape mode but Kindle manages the file as it were a "vertical" one.

Quote:
I will add option to add landscape-like panels for horizontal comics in next KCC release.
But that will help only when entire comic use horizontal images.
Thank you very much!! I will be looking forward to that update.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #73
squall_dc
squall_dc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, KindlePPW
Thanks for the latest update!
All my issues are resolved and the program works great
squall_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #74
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
I was planing to tell him about page splitting after receiving response on my question :-P

You can't disable landscape. In this case there are two possible solutions.
  • If original images are rotated - Rotate them 90 degrees clockwise and let KCC split them.
  • Disable Rotate images option if it is on and let KCC split them.
Many thanks for the tip but regrettably, with "horizontal comics" the split option enabled makes the reading order breaks. So, I'll have to wait for your update that will add landscape-like panels for horizontal comics

Thanks a lot for sharing your work and to make it public. Also many thanks to ciromattia; both of you make wonders.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #75
squall_dc
squall_dc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, KindlePPW
I came across one feature that would be helpful:

- option to disable image contrast enhancement
- currently disabling "image optimizations" in kcc disables both page splitting and image optimizations.
- I still want page splitting, but not image optimizations (which is causing some white text on black backgrounds to become hard to read).

Thanks
squall_dc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools