Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #2716
NdeykiN
NdeykiN began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
KA1 -KSM

Hi All,

Can I setup koreader on KA1 without KSM or other stuff?
Just put icon on start screen and launch it on demand?

Thank you.
NdeykiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #2717
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Yes you can, but it isn't recommended method: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n-Kobo-devices
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2017, 06:46 AM   #2718
Hopper333
Hopper333 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
koreader build recommendations for Kobo H20

Hi to all

Are there any recommendations here for a stable recent nightly build of koreader on the H20? I have installed a few recently and am suffering quite regularly from crashes when koreader is sleeping. This dumps me back into KSM which is not such a problem other than the battery drain which is significantly higher than koreader in sleep mode.

Unfortunately, I can't remember or track which build I downloaded since the stable release a long time ago but this rarely crashed at all when asleep.

Any advice gratefully received!

M
Hopper333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #2719
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, best version usually is latest version.

If that latest version has bugs, especially like crashes and similar serious problems, you report them and they will be solved pretty soon. Then just download nightly with fixed problem.

But, main thing is, you need to report problems, if you have them.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #2720
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Actually I'd advise yesterday's nightly build on H2O because today's broke rotation. :P I've got a fix ready waiting to be merged as part of #2712.

But the nightlies posted on the release tab (as opposed to those auto-generated every night on http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly) are only put up after some (minor) manual testing, so those should generally be okay.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2017, 02:13 AM   #2721
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E + Kobo Elipsa 2E
I've just updated to 2015.11.894 (everything fine as always) but there's a feature for non-OCR'd pdf's (with almost no borders) I'm still missing: when I crop the page, the lines become too small for portrait mode, and too large for landscape mode, so what I'd like is, zoom out of the side borders a bit in landscape mode, into the grey area, and get wider margins on both sides

Last edited by serdar0020; 04-11-2017 at 02:18 AM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #2722
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You mean you're having trouble with manual crop?
Old 04-12-2017, 06:25 AM   #2723
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

not exactly trouble, I'd just like to tweak it a bit more
Old 04-12-2017, 08:11 AM   #2724
Frenzie
Wizard

Note that you can also adjust the margin setting after autocrop. Admittedly "large" does seem like a bit of a misnomer.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #2725
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Defaults.lua has numerical settings for the small,medium,large for the cr3 engine, but for the "-- koptreader config defaults" there is only: "DKOPTREADER_CONFIG_PAGE_MARGIN = 0.10 -- range from 0.0 to 1.0"

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:31 AM   #2726
serdar0020
Zealot

this is the best I can do. but I can live with it

https://i.imgbox.com/tYd08g6X.jpg
Old 04-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #2727
Frenzie
Wizard

I created an issue to track and discuss the topic: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2771
Old 04-16-2017, 02:29 AM   #2728
serdar0020
Zealot

great. so hopefully, in the future, we'll be able to enlarge the margin manually even more
Old 04-25-2017, 09:28 AM   #2729
The_Immortal
Connoisseur
The_Immortal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD, KOBO AURA ONE
Guys, could you please tell me how to open last book on entering in KOReader (its Filemanager)?

Thank you!

Last edited by The_Immortal; 04-25-2017 at 09:30 AM.
The_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:22 AM   #2730
Alan_S
Evangelist

This is option, you just need to check it. Just go to options.

Hope it will become default one.