Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 03:46 AM   #1
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Disable touchscreen on Kindle Oasis

I am just wondering if this function is implemented. Without it it would not be possible to read in a spa using KOreader, we would be stuck to the stock reader. (It would be a real drawback for waterproof device...)
It would have been better to write "waterproof Kindles" into the title, because it most probably affects the latest Paperwhite as well. Nope, I was wrong. PWs don't have physical page turn buttons, so the disable touchscreen is not for them, only for Oasis.

Last edited by LittleBiG; 05-03-2022 at 10:38 AM. Reason: adding more info
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:25 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It wouldn't take much, a similar mechanism was implemented to kill input during suspend a few days ago.

Not planning to do much with it myself, but patches welcome .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 01:07 PM   #3
LittleBiG
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It wouldn't take much, a similar mechanism was implemented to kill input during suspend a few days ago.

Not planning to do much with it myself, but patches welcome .
I see. Wouldn't be possible "simply" to run the original Kindle function which is behind the "Disable Touchscreen" menu item?

Does it mean that KOreader has no solution even for waterproof Kobos to read like next to or in a pool? Did nobody miss this feature??

Last edited by LittleBiG; 05-03-2022 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Additional question
Old 05-03-2022, 03:08 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
Wouldn't be possible "simply" to run the original Kindle function which is behind the "Disable Touchscreen" menu item?
That is actually a very good question. I don't know (and I did not have a device with said feature before, even if I *think* I saw it lurking on the PW5, which begs the question: how, err, do you *disable* this? Does it just disable page turns?).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:02 AM   #5
LittleBiG
Zealot

I wanted to do a workaround. Water drops can induce taps, so I wanted to disable all tap related functions to a new profile called "Waterproof". Only swipe would remain, which might be not as sensitive in wet environment.
No luck, because a Profile surprisingly cannot save your settings. It seems to be like a simple gesture setup...