Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #61
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroh View Post
Did anyone's NC get updated even after disabling it?

Seems that mine has.

I was using it just fine up to last night with a bit of reading before bed.

This morning, I unlock the screen and it keeps asking me to select the app to complete the action (home, softkeys, and zeam). Zeam won't work at all. Softkeys only lets me see the softkeys screen. the NC's Home is the only thing that seems to work.

*SIGH* I didn't want to have to reinstall all my apps and books.

Autonooter here I come!
What version does it show now?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #62
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
What version does it show now?
1.0.1... sorry.. i should've mentioned the version.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #63
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

*sigh* Mine hasn't updated. Did you use a backup manager to back up your apps and data? I know reshelving the books is a pain that can't be avoided.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #64
zeroh
Zealot

and of course, the autonooter download is taking for ever... 30mins left!

not a good way to start my day.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #65
zeroh
Zealot

when it rains...

I got through wiping/updating/rerooting but youtube won't work for some reason and it won't let me uninstall.

To make matters worse, my daughter managed to take the sdcard out of the reader while I stepped away and "misplaced" it.
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #66
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
I have a solution for the Youtube thing .. hang on ...
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #67
SCION
Séduisant

Yeah, the YouTube is a quick fix.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #68
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
If Scion has something easier, do that.

I downloaded a free app called "Titanium Backup." Run it, allow access to whatever it asks for (as "superuser").

Click on "backup/restore" button. Locate Youtube near the end of the list, click on it, and then select "Wipe Data" button.

Back on out of there, and try youtube once again.

Uninstall Titanium backup if you wish.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #69
SCION
Séduisant

Your method is fine Krypto. Titanium Backup or use a file explorer to clear data/cache.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #70
bilbothejust
Enthusiast
bilbothejust is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad -> Nook Color
Quote:
Your method is fine Krypto. Titanium Backup or use a file explorer to clear data/cache.
Hi Scion...I have Astro file manager but am not sure where you go to clear data/cache...is that in the system dir? or what. I'm a little thick here and your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
bilbothejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #71
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbothejust View Post
Hi Scion...I have Astro file manager but am not sure where you go to clear data/cache...is that in the system dir? or what. I'm a little thick here and your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Use ES File Manager (download free from Market). Access the menu and choose "Manager", then "App Manager", click on "YouTube", choose "Detail", then select "Clear Cache" from the Application Info screen.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #72
zeroh
Zealot

thanks. I was trying to do that with Astro but it wouldn't list youtube under manage app. es file manager did the trick as well as replace astro.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #73
SCION
Séduisant

I like Astro and ES. I use Astro more.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #74
bilbothejust
Enthusiast
bilbothejust is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad -> Nook Color
Quote:
Use ES File Manager (download free from Market). Access the menu and choose "Manager", then "App Manager", click on "YouTube", choose "Detail", then select "Clear Cache" from the Application Info screen.
bilbothejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #75
zeroh
Zealot

found the sdcard! actually my wife found it among the little one's toys. I'm back in business.

Krypto, what's your opinion on Titanium Backup? Is it worth while to purchase the pro version?