Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 08:22 AM   #2806
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKonan View Post
Hi, Trying to download stories by Wes Boyd either by download by urls or web page..

https://storiesonline.net/a/Wes_Boyd from SOL. (and from looking at supported links by sites page.. the plugin does not handle that kind of url)

So I try to download stories individually link: https://storiesonline.net/s/71345/bu...ne-on-the-road

and both times I see a message "No Valid Story URLS found on given page."

I think trying to grab the stories via the 2nd link should work but..
The site has changed to using only HTTPS as of the 30th. I'll fix it and check it in soon.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #2807
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Test Version Posted

2018-07-01
- Change adapter_storiesonlinenet to https (and derived finestories) - thanks davidfor.

@MrKonan - This also addresses your issue.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #2808
MrKonan
MrKonan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Posted

2018-07-01
- Change adapter_storiesonlinenet to https (and derived finestories) - thanks davidfor.

@MrKonan - This also addresses your issue.

Thank You!!
MrKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #2809
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Version Released

Version 2.27.0 - 03 Jul 2018
- Yet more site change for adapter_webnovelcom
- Add status states Paused & Cancelled to adapter_fanfiktionde as well as site specific native_status.
- adapter_webnovelcom: ignore 'ad-walled' chapters--the ad-wall bypass code stopped working, but isn't yet removed.
- Calibre Plugin: Remove ebook formats before update, overwrite or unnew so that the previouis version ends up in trash in
stead of just copied over.
- Add adapter_classes metadata for developer testing.
- Revert archive.skyehawke.com back https -> http.
- Remove replace_br_with_p sentinels in desc HTML before giving to Calibre.
- Fix for author in adapter_lcfanficcom
- Fix for adapter_inkbunnynet author search.
- base_efiction: use getProtocol for images too.
- Change all sites that will work with https to use it all the time.
- Remove fanfiction.mugglenet.com -- mugglenet.com is there, but no fanfic section anymore.
- adapter_adultfanfictionorg used urllib2 exceptions without importing it.
- Updates for site changes for adapter_gravitytalescom.
- Fix author for adapter_inkbunnynet.
- Site update fixes for adapter_inkbunnynet, thanks GComyn.
- Fixes for adapter_webnovelcom for site changes.
- Add status to webnovelcom (#306) - Thanks, rikkitp
Old 07-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #2810
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-07-05
- Add adapter for http://wuxiaworld.co/ (#315) - Thanks cryzed
Old 07-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #2811
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-07-06
- Add adapter_harrypotterfanfictioncom for new version of returned harrypotterfanfiction.com.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:55 PM   #2812
DisturbedDragon
DisturbedDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Hey, I'm unsure if this was addressed yet, but is there any way to include support for Fiction.live? I know it's possible to make the site hide the polls/comments/other unwanted interactables, if that's a problem.
Actually, I found this which is a more-or-less functional downloader for fanfics, albeit with much less functionality than FFF and a far less user-friendly interface. Would it be possible to use it's fiction.live bits to add support to fff? As far as I'm aware the dev on Leech has abandoned it, so while it's functional it's still inferior to fff.
Thanks
DisturbedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #2813
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDragon View Post
Hey, I'm unsure if this was addressed yet, but is there any way to include support for Fiction.live? I know it's possible to make the site hide the polls/comments/other unwanted interactables, if that's a problem.
This was asked last year, I responded thusly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDragon View Post
Actually, I found this which is a more-or-less functional downloader for fanfics, albeit with much less functionality than FFF and a far less user-friendly interface. Would it be possible to use it's fiction.live bits to add support to fff? As far as I'm aware the dev on Leech has abandoned it, so while it's functional it's still inferior to fff.
Thanks
Last update to leech was May this year, I wouldn't call that abandoned.

Borrowing from there is an interesting idea. Depends on their dependencies--I try to keep FFF's dependencies to a minimum due to running in Calibre as a plugin.

Honestly, I'm quite impressed by leech. It's less than a year old and has a lot more features than FFF (then FFDL) had at the same age.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #2814
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-07-13
- Whitespace clean up in code (#316) - thanks mcepl
- Add alternate domains for SB, SV & QQ xenforo adapters.
- base_xenforoforum: Sum threadmark word counts into numWords(when present). INI option use_threadmark_wordcounts defaults to true.
- Add ignore_chapter_url_list feature.
- adapter_trekfanfictionnet: don't set numWords to *character* count.

ignore_chapter_url_list (requested in https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/issues/318) required a significant refactoring touching every site adapter. I think all sites are working, but there's always a risk doing that.

base_xenforoforum use_threadmark_wordcounts can cause the word counts you already have for some stories to *drop* the first time you use due to differences in word count algorithms. FYI.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #2815
MerlinMama
Addict
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD
This isn't a problem with FFF, but I hope someone else has experienced this issue or has information. I tried searching but wasn't quite sure how to word it.

I received an email about updating a story (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9067051...idden-Personas), but when I try to update, FFF tells me that I already have 51 chapters (note the link is for chapter 52). I checked on FF.net, and it opened chapter 52, but if I click for previous chapter, it goes to 51 and there is no way to click next to return to 52, and it is no longer in the list of chapters. If I manually change to 52 in the address bar, it goes to the chapter with no problems, and 52 appears in the list of chapters.

I've updated 3 stories after that one with no issue. Any ideas?
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #2816
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
This isn't a problem with FFF, but I hope someone else has experienced this issue or has information. I tried searching but wasn't quite sure how to word it.
This is something that used to happen often enough that there is a special feature for it:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
## ffnet used to have a tendency to send out update notices in email
## before all their servers were showing the update on the first
## chapter.  It generates another server request and doesn't seem to
## be needed lately, so now default it to off.
check_next_chapter:false
Looking at my own personal.ini, I have that set true, so I guess I wouldn't notice if ffnet started having that problem again.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:26 PM   #2817
MerlinMama
Addict
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
This is something that used to happen often enough that there is a special feature for it:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
## ffnet used to have a tendency to send out update notices in email
## before all their servers were showing the update on the first
## chapter.  It generates another server request and doesn't seem to
## be needed lately, so now default it to off.
check_next_chapter:false
Looking at my own personal.ini, I have that set true, so I guess I wouldn't notice if ffnet started having that problem again.
Added that in and marked it true, and I got my updated story. Thanks so much!
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #2818
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-07-16
- Refactor chapter internals for additional site-specific metadata per chapter.
- Fix base_xenforo_list for AH & QQ prefered domains.
- base_xenforoforum: Adding date, words & kwords per chapter metadata (SB/SB/QQ).

Changes included for https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/issues/319 and https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/issues/318
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #2819
ikip
ikip began at the beginning.

Device: none
I know adaptors aren't added very often, and especially not for foreign language sites, but I'd really like to see one for Pixiv. (Example story, with multiple pages/chapters and part of a series: https://www.pixiv.net/novel/show.php?id=9507348 ) I'd try to work on it myself, but I'm not great with Python and I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the adaptors. The site does make it easy to find everything (everything you'd want to grab has its own html tag with its own id or class), but the interface is different if you're logged in.

No pressure, but I figured it was worth speaking up about since no one had requested it in the past.
ikip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #2820
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-07-17
- Fix tocpage links and correct index04 vs index, issue #320.