Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #406
wilhelmmedetz
wilhelmmedetz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre tags & series sync

I am using Calibre 3.22.1 and MapleRead SE 2.0.

When I download books from Calibre via OPDS the Calibre tags and series information gets synced (I can see it under 'Get Info').

But when I open Tags in MapleRead all books are untagged.
The same when I want to sort the books by series, all books show up under [No Series].

Also the series information under 'Get Info' contains the Calibre series index - e.g. SeriesName[1].

As I am quite new to Calbre & MapleRead - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any hints

Wilhelm

------------------------------------------

Edit: Meanwhile solved the problem. After switching the UI language of Calibre from German to English everything synced fine.

Last edited by wilhelmmedetz; 06-04-2018 at 12:55 PM.
wilhelmmedetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #407
Clark G. Flipper
Enthusiast
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
How to get rid of the black side bars

Hi everyone,
I have been using Marvin all the time and am now trying MapleRead. I can confirm that its rendering is superior to Marvin in quite a few cases.
However, I find the black side bars in modern scroll mode quite ugly; can I get rid of them somehow?
Greetings,
CGF.
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #408
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
I updated MapleRead to version 2.0, am using Modern Book layout but it still uses slide animation. I don't see where the option is for instant. This is on iPad. Haven't tested on iPhone.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 05-05-2018 at 04:38 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #409
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I updated MapleRead to version 2.0, am using Modern Book layout but it still uses slide animation. I don't see where the option is for instant. This is on iPad. Haven't tested on iPhone.
The preference for slide/curl/instant is found in the dialog window with the "Sun" symbol.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:23 AM   #410
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura
@sbaylor - I have some feature requests:

1. Sort by word length. This would be useful for listing files by word length since file size listing doesn't always reflect the length of the story as images and other data can distort the size and misrepresent sorting by size as a way to read the shortest stories first.

2. Searching includes results from hits found within the comments section of the files's metadata.

Thanks!
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #411
brad382
brad382 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Two page viewing for PDFs in MapleRead SE

Mr. Baylor,

Great to hear that the 2-page viewing option for PDFs is on its way!

As I mentioned, my company has 30+ analysts in the central region ready to purchase MapleRead SE licenses as soon as the 2-page PDF option drops.

We all have the larger 12.9” iPads and do a ton of fast reading for work, so the ability to view two adjacent pages of a PDF while in Landscape mode is essential for us.

Thanks again for adding the “instant” page turns to MapleRead SE.

We look forward to implementing MapleRead SE companywide.

I think you have the potential to become the definitive epub/PDF reader for iOS.
brad382 is offline   Reply With Quote