Notices

Old 06-05-2016, 12:26 AM   #1
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Moon+ Reader: Send epub to Dropbox

Hello,

Anyone know if it's possible to send/share an epub file to Dropbox? This is possible on many other readers, but I can't find it in Moon+.

This is not about syncing positions though I have "integrated" dropbox to cover my bases. Within book view, there is a Share -> Send File -> Add to Dropbox option, but it doesn't send a copy of the epub. Instead it saves a .txt file. I have no idea the purpose of this because when I tested it, the file only said "- From Moon+ Reader v3.4.1"...

Since I'm going from Android tablet to iPhone, this allows me to pseudo-sync a current book at least, so I'd love any help. Thanks.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:13 AM   #2
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
if you want to sync between iphone an android, you can use google play books

in Moon tho, you can back up the epub to dropbox
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I send all the books I'm likely to read in the forseable future to Dropbox to download onto my various devices using Moon+. It works perfectly.

I usually send from my laptop but I have sent books from a phone or tablet a few times. I don't use Moon+ to do that. I use the Dropbox app. It's pretty easy to do.

it might be that Moon+ can also do that but I've never really felt any need to look into that since the Dropbox app does it and I always have it installed.

I just looked and I have 169 books in Dropbox. When i want to read one Moon+ will import it for me. Most, as I said, were sent there from my laptop.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:32 PM   #4
lazorbeam
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I send all the books I'm likely to read in the forseable future to Dropbox to download onto my various devices using Moon+. It works perfectly.

I usually send from my laptop but I have sent books from a phone or tablet a few times. I don't use Moon+ to do that. I use the Dropbox app. It's pretty easy to do.

it might be that Moon+ can also do that but I've never really felt any need to look into that since the Dropbox app does it and I always have it installed.

I just looked and I have 169 books in Dropbox. When i want to read one Moon+ will import it for me. Most, as I said, were sent there from my laptop.

Barry
Barry - I think we might be thinking in opposite directions. I do currently keep my books in Dropbox and import them into Moon+ on my tablet. That works well. What I'd like to do is to take an epub that's only stored in Moon+ and send it to Dropbox. This would be a title that I've accessed through the web which is why it's not already in my Dropbox collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
in Moon tho, you can back up the epub to dropbox
Tikker - Can you explain how? I'm not able to do so. When I try Share -> Send File -> Add to Dropbox, I end up with a .txt file that lists the app name instead of a copy of the epub.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #5
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
There may be a way to do that with Moon+. I haven't tried that. I do it from time to time with my phone's Dropbox app. I also sometimes do that with ES File Explorer, which connects gracefully to my Dropbox library.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #6
lazorbeam
Connoisseur

I found a solution: Share -> Send File -> ES Save to... -> (Navigate to target Dropbox folder)

You're right - you can also do it manually within ES File Explorer but you can use this method to copy within Moon+. It doesn't remember the target file path, but that's okay.

Appreciate everyone's help.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #7
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazorbeam View Post

Tikker - Can you explain how? I'm not able to do so. When I try Share -> Send File -> Add to Dropbox, I end up with a .txt file that lists the app name instead of a copy of the epub.
Just select Dropbox backup in the misc folder. It will automatically backup the epub to Dropbox Everytime
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dropbox, moon+ reader